Greetings from the Fist of the US

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcdrummer02

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking the forum for a while now, and I'm about halfway through Hoke's book. I'm glad I ran into the this place, you guys have been a great help even when you didn't know it. I would have bumbled my way through my first experiments and rusted out my garage if I hadn't read the safety stuff here and reading recommendations.

Hopefully soon I will be moving out of the suburbs of Detroit, out into the country, where I can setup a lab in my new polebarn. Right now I am just stacking computer scrap. There is no bigbox store near my work/new house that takes back computers, so I linked up with the only computer repair guy in the county. Now he advertises himself as a dropoff point, and just gives me everything he can't salvage for resale. Even better I've built myself 2 laptops with the stuff he didn't want.

Since I'm not set up with a lab right now, I have just been scrapping Dell cases by the dozen and stacking mobo's. Scrapping MLCC's and pulling out IDE pins when I have time.

I have a full-time job and I'm just refining as a hobby. As long as the values outweigh the cost of the chemicals, I'm fine. I look at it as a longterm retirement bonus.

I really just wanted to take an opportunity to say hello.

Set up a business and get your chem's from havilandusa.com they are in GR. You will also need some place that they can make your deliveries to, a commercial building with a dock. They won't sell to you as a person and they won't go into a residential area to make a delivery. Keep an eye on Repocast.com and their weekly online auctions for goodies you will need like lab ware. They have 2 locations, one in Flint and one in Byron Center.

Thanks for the info. Do they do small quantities of say Nitric and Sulfuric? I dealt with PVS Nolwood previously when I did anodizing, and the smallest quantity of sulfuric I could buy was a 15 gallon keg.

Back