Hello from the Big Red Island in the Indian Ocean

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topdog101

Hi to all !

IT from head to toes, came across a very useful and friendly forum that talks about my new hobby (I'm glad I saved all my 25 years computer scrap in my garage and know I now what to do ) ..
I'm from Madagascar, and to my knowledge every scrap stuff in my country is going to china and other countries for recycling.. I am going to take my part and learn something new from all of you. I like to experiment new things especially in the field of electronics and micro controllers, but I got the feeling that I'm heading to a new adventure.
I started refining gold six months ago, and I came across results that needed a new knowledge... So I started to read and experiment and got some good 3,7 grs of pure refined gold from CPU and fingers.
Sorry for my english . I'll try to make myself understood if someday I have something to share or to ask.

Thank you to all.

Marika

Nice place you are from. I guess you will not be restricted by just electronic scrap as there are plenty of gold and gem stones in your country. 8)

Patnor1011, Butcher .

Guys,

You seem to know about my country and you're perfectly right !! But , I am starting to learn and maybe get into my land far from the city and start digging !

see a sample a what we've got in the attached pic ! hope you get some if you come here ,thanks for the warm welcome !

Marika

Attachments

• em.jpg
    em.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 119
(I'm glad I saved all my 25 years computer scrap in my garage and know I now what to do ) ..

Well done and welcome to the forum. Some older CPU's have more value to collectors
than they have in gold and precious metals content. I always try to check their resale values
before dropping them in an "acid bath". 8)

Not all want to mess with doing that but I have been in the IT world for (30+) years and
I like to see some of the older chips saved for posterity's sake. :)

Welcome to the best place on earth. You will find a plethora of knowledge on almost if not everything you could ever imagine when it comes to precious metals and anything that goes along with. Enjoy!!!

Back