Proper introduction

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aumoon

Hello all !
Was so excited about my score (mentioned in my last post) that I crossed that rude line by not making a proper introduction my first post. Here I am, as are several, a bit older and realizing that I've been a jack of many but master of none. The jobs I've had have ranged from the technical to the laborious and seemingly all between. The last gig I had ended 2 years ago, really cool though, I worked in the mining field. Worked for a big portable mining factory and supply company in California. this co. built and sold dredges, rock crushers and everything you could think of concerning prospecting and mining.
I had the position of international sales and service, sold to everywhere from Dakar Senegal to Papua New Guinea and all points between. Learned a great deal about prospecting and mining over the years there. Spent all of my off time either in Mojave dry washing or in the mountains high banking and covertly dredging. Now I am in a part of the country where the only viable gold is found at a kiosk in the mall. Really jonesing for some dirty rock tossing! Started looking at this urban mining thing and it struck a nerve, maybe this could be the methadone to my heroin. Made a fairly big score on electronic scrap and thought...here it is...opportunity knocking. I've really been boning up on recovery methods, experimenting on a small scale with different techniques to find what works most efficiently and most cost effectively. Thought about refining before but could not bring myself to drop my beautiful nuggets I've collected over the years in a jar of acid! They were way hard to get and way to gorgeous! Maybe a couple of ounces of fines but not the nuggs. I feel that this site will be just what the doctor ordered...like minded people with a passion for the obscure and a love for adventure...Peter Pans Lost Boys! I just bought a 40 acre claim outside of Gunnison Co. right on Gold Creek, 2,100 feet of active creek bed! Ol' Freddy Dodge is just 54 miles away on the Arkansas doing his thing, good luck Ol' boy !! Sold him A LOT of equipment over the years. Anyone wanna trek up with me? 9,050 ft. is the lowest point...bring O2.
Sorry to be a wind bag, look forward to all the help and all the conversation!
Later all
P.S. Let me know if ya wanna go...no worries I'm not a weirdo or crazy person..just Joe Regular!

You sir.. are a nutball... I like it...

My boss is a hard core mining nerd too... I just pretend to know what I am doing and hope no one notices the difference.

In any case, one waive from Central Cali and I will let m'boss know that there is a creek to splash in if he is interested...

--L

So I read a chunk of your post to said boss, his comments...
"Probably Keen, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that does both dredges and crushers... I am especially interested if I can dredge..."

Shoot me a note with an email addy, I will point you two at each other...

Back