Good evening de France

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tortuga09

Good evening
My nickname Tortuga09 passionate and aquatic turtle breeder for more than 43 years and I am 55 years old I also raise terrestrial snails of thousand feet and ketones;
15 years ago I had the opportunity to see a report on the recycling of computer waste of the blow I started looking for this product and products so close I became more interested in the metal Ag which my faith is more Easy to find in everyday life;

In parallel since 2005 I began to collect all that is computer and electronic for the recycling and resale on occasion;
So currently I have got to have so two products that I would like to test as first before thinking about making other tests on other products;
I have in my possession more than 400 kg of medical radio of the years 50 to 93 sorted
Here for a little more than 2 years I collect and spare computer connections a long worked, be aware that for 7 kg of connectors with their packaging after treatment have harvested on average between 0.700 grams and 1 kg of pico and there I have Almost 100 kg of pico in two categories those that are well gilded of that I have a 16 kg and the others that are found on NAP or Sata or USB sockets 80 kg;
Of course I have already seen videos on Youtube but hey there is nothing about security and I'm afraid to try anything but this self in this area for a few grams my health in play ..

Sorry, I use a translator of the net, I do not master your language at all.

looking forward to reading you
Tortuga

Bienvenue sur le forum Tortuga. I understood most of your post, but I don't understand
for 7 kg of connectors with their packaging after treatment have harvested on average between 0.700 grams and 1 kg of pico and there I have Almost 100 kg of pico in two categories
I don't understand "pico". We have some members who speak French, including our French-Canadian founder Noxx. If you write that part in French maybe we can figure it out.

Dave

thank you for your welcome
I put the same text in French :p
Bonsoir
Mon pseudo Tortuga09 passionnées et éleveur de tortue aquatique depuis plus de 43 ans et j'en ai 55 ans j'élève aussi des escargots terrestres des mille pattes et des cétoines;
il y a 15 ans j'ai eu opportunité de voir un reportage sur le recyclage des déchets informatiques du coup je me suis mis a la recherche de ce produit et des produits si rapprochant je me suis plus intéressé au métal Ag qui ma foi est plus facile à trouver dans la vie de tous les jours;
en parallèle depuis 2005 je me suis mis à la collecte de tout ce qui est informatique et électronique pour le recyclage et la revente en occasion;
là actuellement je suis arrivé à avoir de sorte deux produits que je voudrais traiter comme test en premier lieu avant de penser à faire d'autres teste sur d'autres produits;
j'ai en ma possession plus de 400 kg de radio médical des années 50 à 93 trié
Là depuis un peu plus de 2 ans je collecte et dépiaute des connectiques informatiques un travaillé long, faut savoir que pour 7 kg de connectique avec leur emballage après traitement ont récolté en moyen entre 0.700 grammes à 1 kg de pico et là j'en ai presque 100 kg de pico en deux catégories ceux qui sont bien dorés de cela j'ai une 16 de kg et les autres que l'on trouve sur des NAP ou Sata ou des prises d'USB 80 kg;
Bien sûr j'ai déjà vu des vidéos sur Youtube mais bon il n'y a rien sur la sécurité et j'ai peur de tenter quoique ce soi dans ce domaine pour quelques grammes mètres ma sante en jeu..

Some words have no translation, that may be the case here. I remember years ago in Guayaquil Ecuador I was surprised at a Burger King to see a menu largely in Spanish but the Whopper was still Whopper, but with cheese it was Whopper con quiso!

:lol:

A Whopper with "he wanted" on it. I wonder what that is.
Perhaps you meant "Whopper con queso". 8)

The boy can refine gold but he needs a little brushing up
on his "Espanol". :D

Good insight Alexander! That seems to fit well in what he's saying. I guess we needed someone from Serbia to translate French to English for us. :lol:

So he gets between 700 g and 1 kg of pins from 7 kg of connectors.

He has close to 100 kg of pins, 16 kg of well plated (probably fully plated), and 80 kg of lower quality (probably partially plated).

Dave

Alexander, of course it makes sense to me now. I guess my mind was stuck on pico being a number thing like kilo, milli, etc., so the numbers just weren't making sense.

Tortuga, I know of 3 main ways to process gold plated pins.

1.) Dissolve everything in acid then precipitate the gold. - It can work, but it uses a lot of acid, produces a lot of hazardous waste, and the gold will not be very pure at first.

2.) Dissolve the base metals first, then dissolve the gold plating. - This also uses a lot of acid and produces a lot of waste, but the gold will be cleaner.

3.) Strip the gold plating off the pins while leaving the base metals untouched. - This uses a lot less chemicals. Depending on the method you choose to strip the plating, you may still produce a lot of waste. Stripping processes are dangerous, and shouldn't be tried until you fully understand them. You are correct that most youtube videos don't talk much about safety.

Dave

Back