Hello all

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J5alive

Hello everyone, my name is John. Excited to be here and earn some profits and do some learning with the old noggin. I’ve been perusing the forums for a week or so now. Good stuff here. I’ve always been a bit of a chemistry nerd but never pursued it. This has caught my eye for certain.

I’ve got some ideas on how to turn a profitable and tidy little lab out of all of the information thanks to you tube and lots of reading here. Will be setting up my first baby steps and within the next week or so. Hope to have my first little nubbin of Gold at the end of said week!

If all goes well I’ll construct an actual lab (small scale of course) within a few months. I look forward to sharing all of my flops and successes with everyone.

So here’s a thought, have any of you tried to source chips from other places then eBay? I’ve got a 10kg sample of 486&386 intel ceramic chips and they are wanting less then 15$ or so a KG with a minimum of 50Kgs. I’m thinking that’s pretty much going to make it worth it right there. Thoughts?

Yeah, definitely a scam. Anyone with those amounts of ceramic CPU:s today know how much they are worth. Just take a look at http://boardsort.com/payout.php and ask why they can't google it by them self.

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us before parting with your money. :D

Göran

Yes I’m very weary of scams but I also have done some research into the seller and whatnot. This is a LARGE import scrap yard that sells specifically to refiners. Obviously I don’t have this in hand but I do plan to look into it deeper. First step is the “sample” they said they would send for no charge. If that’s legit then I’ll look deeper. If anything turns of it I’ll let y’all know either way. Probably is a scam but a sample is a sample ;)

That’s not what got me into the idea however, just a little something I found while I was doing research. I’ll search the forums for more details on these scams too. The insight is much appreciated :)

What does have me pursuing this mainly, is the idea of chemically separating metals and becoming more familiar with a subject that has always interested me. I’ll write out my setup once it’s done and see what y’all think. Get some helpful criticism and feedback.

Oh yeah, everyone having a good day/week/month?

Large recycling outfits don't engage new customers over a $750 deal, especially for a product that they can sell instantly for $10,000.

50 kg @ $15/kg vs 50 kg @ $100/lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few silly little questions that could help many here to post a more informed opinion:

What is the name of the large import scrap yard?

What country do they claim to be located in?

That is enough to start with.

Time for more coffee.

Back