tndavid?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glorycloud

Anyone seen or heard from tndavid in a while? He seems to have disappeared on me.
The last time he was on the forum was on July 11th and I have been trying to PM him,
call him and text him with no responses. Hmmmmmmmmm. I hope that he's OK.

Let me know please - thanks!

G_C

He's still around. I've spoken to him on PM very recently. He's just getting on with things, and doing stuff rather than just talking about it.

That's good. If you communicate with him, please let him know that he's missed
and would he please contact me directly. 8)

Sadly after four months and attempting to go the seventh extra mile, I give up trying.
Please be careful when having tndavid do any toll refine work for you. :cry:

This is what I sent to David in April. I am pretty sure it presented problems
for him (or anyone) who it appears may have had little e-scrap experience.
If I had known his level of inexperience three months ago, I would have
selected someone else or just sold it on ebay.

4+ pounds of CPU holders / fuzzy connectors
Simm cards - 2.70 pounds
Apple CPU cards with nice gold pins - 2.05 pounds
286/386/486 ceramic CPU's with gold lids - 1.50 pounds
Nice gold connectors on old boards - 0.95 pounds
1 bag with four old crucibles (for recovering gold stuck in the flux)
186 / 286 CPU sockets with pins - 0.75 pounds
1 very small bag with miscellaneous gold items
Lots of dry filter papers for gold recovery
AL cap CPU's - 2.40 pounds (already partially processed)
Fiber CPU's and BGA chips - 0.85 pounds (already partially processed)
Glory_Cloud's ceramic mess pile - 1.60 pounds (already partially processed)

He did process the 1.5 pounds of ceramic CPU's alreadyfrom line four.
Here is a picture of the 4.46gram button that he sent to me April 26th.
That is all that I have received, just the picture. No gold button. :cry:

tndavid 4.46 grams small picture.jpg

I can't get him to give a line item progress report on any the other items.
He reports many problems in life that I won't bother to detail. I consider the
entire thing a loss and I wish David well.

Such is life I guess. Live and learn. :cry:

I'm sorry...as someone who has taken on too much before in life, I only hope he gets it figured out and makes it right.

And that's assuming the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just really disappointing. I know stuff happens, life can get in the way and all that. Yet I think he knows he could've gotten help with it from several places. Heck, I'm only like an hour from him. If it was inexperience that held him up I would have gladly helped him, just for the hey of it.

I really hate that it was glorycloud of all folks that he skipped out on. I mean, the man's pretty much a saint from what I've seen here. He does great things for people, just because he can, and definitely doesn't deserve the run around.

I hope David gets himself leveled out and back on track. Until then I guess our hero has found his kryptonite...

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised to hear from David this evening by text.
He apologized and says that he is sending a package with what gold he has refined
and any material that he hasn't begun to work on yet by USPS this Friday.
When I get the tracking number or the box, I will communicate back to the forum.

The other small refining job that he did for me went well. So, this adventure was a surprise.
I do hope that all will work out well for him as he deals with the stuff of life. As one who has
made my fair share of "mistakes" in life, I am thankful that my past is past (if you know what I mean). 8)

That's good to hear, Jim! I hope it all gets squared away for you.

glorycloud said:
As one who has
made my fair share of "mistakes" in life, I am thankful that my past is past (if you know what I mean).

Yep! I sure do. Got plenty of my own that I'm proud to be ashamed of!! :oops: 8)

There's a lesson to be learned here. It's a lesson I've learned the harsh way already. If you're good at this and get lots of work from people you can literally take on too much to do as a "hobby."

It's easy to over promise and under deliver given the time available. Keep the lines of communication over and don't stick your head in the sand because it can lead to misunderstandings. All kinds of things can get in the way of a speedy result but talk to the client and keep them in the loop.

glorycloud said:
I must say that I was pleasantly surprised to hear from David this evening by text.
He apologized and says that he is sending a package with what gold he has refined
and any material that he hasn't begun to work on yet by USPS this Friday.
When I get the tracking number or the box, I will communicate back to the forum.

Well, no box and no communication since the box was supposedly being shipped back to me.
It's been three weeks. This is all I have to report back to the forum. Heavy sigh.............. :(

Hmmmm. Well after restarting my phone after my trip over seas, I do
see a text from David on the evening of the 9th. He is saying a box
was shipped. Another text from this morning saying he was looking
for the receipt where it was shipped so that he can provide the
tracking number.

If the box or a tracking number appears, I will certainly report back
to the forum.

I really hope its just all the terrible weather that has been going on that is slowing down the arrival of your return shipment.

I can attest, it has caused delays on a few things I've been sent recently. One shipment took 7 days instead of 2, but, I had the tracking number that belonged to it so I could anxiously await its updated arrival.

Why does it seem bad things always happen to good people?

Back