Thief within family

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjavanb123

Hi,

My mom and I had a condo in Herndon, we gave power of attorney to my brother so he could sign off at closing in our behalf.

We assigned my sister-in-law to be our sell agent.

I opened a joint-account with my sister-in-law at a local branch.

Property was sold 6 months ago, and both my brother and his wife confirmed via email that half of the the proceed from sale was deposited to my account.

On 19th of October 2017, my account was cleared by sister-in-law.

Is there any legal action I can take against her to get my money back? Since both her and my brother confirmed via email also the paperworks at closing that there was only my money from sale of apartment which was in my joint account bank.

Thanks and regards
Kj

Thats pretty crummy.

I suggest getting legal counsel.

With them having power of attorney and having been apart of the joint account. I think it may be a tough case to persue. Having the emails will help though, and if there are any text messages you should make sure your lawyer knows of them too.

I believe that is your only hope. -I dont know that for sure though, as I am not a lawyer, and I dont even want to pretend to be one on the internet.

You should have had it set up so it takes 2 signatures (or all owners of the account) to make a withdrawal. Contact an attorney.

Thanks all. I have already contacted lawyers and the ones who responded over the weekend said they can file civil law suit and criminal charges.

Unfortunately your not the first and very very unlikely to be the last to have this happen to you Kevin, money like gold does strange things to many people.

I wish you luck in recovering the money, the amount is really not the point, even with this large sum,but the loss of faith in those who should always be on your side, that must be painful.

Just amazing. What a world??. After emailing my sister in law which has joint account with me and asking her how can she withdraw my money which she knows and had admitted many times via email, and she kept saying you need to talk to your brother.

Eventhough I dont owe anyone anything, no words of apology or remorse.

I recorded our conversation though.

My apologies. I know the feeling of abandonment, and it's so much worse than the actual monetary loss. May you find peace in the matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Email is a difficult thing. It can be spoofed easily. I would recommend counsel for upfront fee. It may be hard, and I am sorry for the turmoil that is going to come to your family. I know where these things end. Good luck to you!

All,

Thank you for your support. I served my relatives with civil suit documents. The brother called and responded, and after giving me the dumbest reasons, agreed to pay me back my money.

So at the end it turned out good. But the scars have been left, that have made me be in shocked, how can someone who is blood brother does such act?

I dont want to be religous here, but these are certainly the end of this world is near.

We need somone to push the reset button, install a new anti virus, for this world, as it is infected by greeds, cowardness and theft.

Again, thank you all for your support during this ordeal.

Best regards
Kj

Kadriver,

I truly agree with you on this. Looking back at my life, I got stung by family and relatives.

What a world it has become. All these coward acts by humans like the one in NYC, or what is happen in Syria etc.

I am not religious, but pretty much all major religions in the world have predicted this time will happen.

My friend, you said it right.
The Bible clearly says that in the End Times "Sons will turn against Fathers, and Daughters against Mothers"
There is SOOOO much discord in the world, this place has gone BONKERS !!

I know it hurt to do that to your family, but it was necessary.

kjavanb123 said:
All,

Thank you for your support. I served my relatives with civil suit documents. The brother called and responded, and after giving me the dumbest reasons, agreed to pay me back my money.

So at the end it turned out good. But the scars have been left, that have made me be in shocked, how can someone who is blood brother does such act?

I dont want to be religous here, but these are certainly the end of this world is near.

We need somone to push the reset button, install a new anti virus, for this world, as it is infected by greeds, cowardness and theft.

Again, thank you all for your support during this ordeal.

Best regards
Kj

Case in point !!!
Yesterday here in Texas, a man drove 35 miles to another town and went into a church and shot the place up, killing 25 wounding about 25 more.
Why????
He was in a fight with his wife, and her family attended that church.

The devil is running rampant in the world today !!

Religion is one of those topics that the moderators, long before I became one, wisely decided is off limits here on the forum because it can easily cause disagreements and division among our members. I respect everyone's right to their beliefs, but this is not the place to discuss them.

Thank you,
Dave

Such a tragedy. I just watched news on it. My prayer to all the families there.

I really hope there will be global justice soon.

FrugalRefiner said:
Religion is one of those topics that the moderators, long before I became one, wisely decided is off limits here on the forum because it can easily cause disagreements and division among our members. I respect everyone's right to their beliefs, but this is not the place to discuss them.

Thank you,
Dave
Dave, I agree with you 100%. People nowadays wear their feelings on their sleeves.
But the fact is, religion is the basis to most arguments today. I am a very deep believer in God Almighty,
and I am not easily angered by the less educated or uninformed on religious subjects.
I grew up in the era where most people were taken to church on Sunday, the pledge was said everyday before school, and disrespect shown to anybody, teachers, or ANY elders, was met with swift action by my dad.
Today, if you touch your kids with a hand, belt, or the famous "switch", in discipline, you go directly to jail.
It is because "religion" has been taken out of our schools and homes that we have such crime and sickening disrespect for others.
Now the moderators may choose to delete this because Im speaking about religion, but Im not really...I am talking about the plight of our society today.

Kerry

eaglewings35 said:
It is because "religion" has been taken out of our schools and homes that we have such crime and sickening disrespect for others

I have to disagree. I think it has to do with so many fathers being absent from the homes of their children is why their is no respect nowadays.

I grew up with no influence of religion to speak of. But I had a great father. And I assure you I know right from wrong. And so does my son.

And I think it disrespectful that you know what is right for my home. Not to mention that you've been respectfully asked not to carry on with it.

UncleBenBen said:
eaglewings35 said:
It is because "religion" has been taken out of our schools and homes that we have such crime and sickening disrespect for others

I have to disagree. I think it has to do with so many fathers being absent from the homes of their children is why their is no respect nowadays.

I grew up with no influence of religion to speak of. But I had a great father. And I assure you I know right from wrong. And so does my son.

And I think it disrespectful that you know what is right for my home. Not to mention that you've been respectfully asked not to carry on with it.

Church!
Er...
Seconded!

Back