Well - Finally

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurtak

Well - finally - after traveling something like 12,000 miles I have found a new place to land & call home :D

First I want to thank those that posted such kind words about my visit with them in my travels (posted in this thread) :arrow: http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=26226

I can assure you that it was my absolute pure pleasure to meet with some of the members of this forum - members that have been part of the discussion of this forum for the last 7 - 8 years that I have been a member here - members that I have come to consider VERY good friends over the course of those years

As much as I was not able to meet with everyone I would have liked to meet with it was REALLY cool to meet those along the way of my intended travel plans that were "available" during my travel "time" &/or not to far out of the way of my travel route

The reality is there are just so many members here that I would like to meet - something like (plus/minus) 25 I would still be on the road zig zaging across the country (not to mention needing to jump on a plane for a trip across the pond) to see everyone I would like to meet with

Bottom line is that within my travel time & travel route I had selected 12 members I "hoped" to meet with (knowing full well it would not work out to meet with all of them) --- of the 12 I had the "good fortune" to meet with 7 - & missed 5 --- 4 because timing just was not right & one because they were a bit to far off route

So all I can say is it was a trip of time & miles "well spent" to meet with those that timing & miles allowed for - it was :!: 8) :G

Speaking of miles - I should clarify - above I said I put on 12,000 miles --- only half of that was to meet/visit members/friends (including a couple friends that are not members of this forum) The other 6,000 miles has been the 2 trips back to Wisconsin to get my stuff moved from Wisconsin to my new found home - it would have been 8,000 driving miles but one trip (from John Day to Wisconsin) I flew back to get my pickup truck for the second load of stuff

My new found home - turns out to be John Day Oregon --- John Day is the "big town" in Grant county Oregon

Grant County has 13 towns (on the map) with a population (2010 census) of 7,445 & John Day has a population (2010 census) of 1,744 --- there is one stop light in the entry county & that stop light is here in John Day :shock: :lol:

Here are a couple pics of John Day & the house I have rented

Kurt

Attachments

• WP_20171130_14_28_05_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20171130_14_28_05_Pro[1].jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 207
  • WP_20171130_14_50_00_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20171130_14_50_00_Pro[1].jpg
    2 MB · Views: 207
Good to see you are all settled in. One stop light, I love it! It was great to meet you during your travels, and you are always welcome here if you ever find your way back to my neck of the woods.

When I went to John Day I got a kik out of all the holes in the sides of the mountains on the way there. I guess years ago the Chinese miners followed a lot of veins.
Good to hear from you Kurt, and were you landed. I think you will enjoy it there.

Nice to hear your doing well. Hope you enjoy that part of the country. I was with a bunch of guys from Oregon when I was at Ft. Sill. Guys from Grants Pass, Myrtle Creek, Klamath Falls, Eugene, Bend and Medford.

Thats great news Kurt!
Glad you finally found a place worthy to hang your hat.

Send me a pm with your new address, or your phone number and I can send you a message from my new number. A lot of my grf contacts didnt sync on my new phone properly because I never synced my account.

I have those books you wanted to read set to the side for you whenever you are ready.

Back