Hero's

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geo

HERO'S

I woke up that morning to a city without sound, with smoke in the air and paper on the ground.
I can't force from my mind the image that I saw as I looked up and seen the tallest building fall.
It left me feeling empty like a city without sound, with smoke in the air and paper on the ground.

My thoughts went to the hero's who died on that day. They couldn't turn their backs lord, they couldn't walk away.
They all ran towards where other people fled, to try and save the living, the dying and the dead.
They gave all they had to give, for people they didn't know. But isn't that the way, that true hero's go?

Now every year, on the eleventh of September, we stop and feel the pain again, especially those that can remember.
It leaves me feeling hollow, like a city without sound, with smoke in the air and paper on the ground.

Jeff Massey 9/11/2018

This was a horrible day for so many people. Not just Americans. There many nationalities represented in the twin towers that day. It should never be forgotten. This is dedicated to all the first responders who went out on the call that day. It takes a special kind of person to put themselves in harms way for someone they have never met. Many go out each day to all the most dangerous places not know if they will be coming home. They make that commitment every day. As a matter of personal preference, I thank god for each and every one of them. Because every day, they are somebodies hero.

Back