Hunters Chat Room

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philddreamer

While on the sphere's post, some of us hunters couldn't help ourselves from chating on our experiences on game hunting, I would like to use this post for such.
If this is way out of place, please let me know; is just that some members of this forum also share this same interest, & the comadery that we've experienced here in the forum makes us share the hunting stories, & others, with one another.

Phil

yep!

Winchester 30-30, open sights, Fort Robinson, Nebraska, 2006

OhDeere1.jpg

Oz wrote:
Depending on where in WA you are, you should have a decent population of bear. You better be good with a bow and have a 357 on your hip though. Some bears just get pissed with an arrow or 2 stuck in them, go figure. I would like to go bear hunting again but we do not have too many here local (there has been a panther eating peoples dogs and cats here though lately), but a drive north a couple hours and it is good bear country. I wonder what DNR would say if I asked for a bear crop damage tag or 2.

My son started hunting bear last year & this year it paid off. Here are some pic's. It's about 180 lbs, female black bear, but it weighed about 5 tons bringing her up 300ft, thru the steep, thick, wet brush. :shock:
And yes, this area has become more populated with black bears. We saw a lot of signs of them in a wide area. One crossed 40ft right in front of us!

WOW Silversaddle!!! Now that's a "string" of deers! :shock: :p

Attachments

• '10 008.JPG
    '10 008.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 884
  • '10 011.JPG
    '10 011.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 882
Just what my neighborhood needs
A drunk guy in a hot tub shooting at stuff
but still wears his orange cap in case another drunk guy in a hot tub shoots at him

Here's 1 of 2 hogs that was given to my wife and I last year.I have a pic of my last deer,but after seeing the other deer I am ashamed to post it.

Attachments

• DSCI0332.JPG
    DSCI0332.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 784
Mic, don't feel bad. Here's my deer, my one & only deer, ever; 5 years ago! :roll:
I missed a big elk cow tue am. by 2in to the left. It was between 2 tree trunks. I could see most her belly. Bit over 30yrds; had a little pine branch to the right, so aimed a tad bit left... released & TACK!!!!! :shock: Oh well.

Head'n tomorrow morning to Ca for some sluicing. Happy hunting to you all!

Phil

Attachments

• Picture 005a.jpg
    Picture 005a.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 750
Awe isnt that sweet,phil's trying to make me feel better.Here let me paint a picture for you phil,Ok take your deer,bring it back to life,have it mate with another deer,have a baby,then you would have the deer that I shot!
Of course I am kidding,but my deer was pretty darn small.Even the bullet looked back at me and said "You're kidding right?".

You guys need to come out to Nebraska or Iowa and shoot some real deer. Those ones in my photo... small for around here. There are some real monsters right here on our land in Iowa. A guy can only keep so much meat in the freezer!

And by the way, if your hunting for meat, there is no such thing as a little deer, food is food.

And by the way, if your hunting for meat, there is no such thing as a little deer, food is food.
So true,When I was done cleaning it,put the meat in some marinade,fired up the smoker,threw the meat on,and 5 minutes later I had a nice little burger.Did I mention he was small?!?!?!?!
Silver I would love to come out there and do that.A friend of mine goes out west every year and shoots a moose or an elk and says he gets something like 1200 lbs of meat from one.Maybe one day I could afford to do that as well.

Back