Hypo refresher buckets

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Poe

GOLDSILVERPRO You happen to be addressing an issue of which I am way more experienced than you.
OK, use bismuth instead of lead. There is most certainly gold in color photography. Apparently you know nothing about color photography, recycling hypo or the refreshing tank. The silver is a hundred times more plentiful because the base of color photography is the silver bromide emulsion. I think that maybe you have processed a bucket before and left the gold, platinum and palladium in the silver. If you don't agree, let's move this discussion to debates and discussions where I will be glad to educate you further. Also, where you worked, I doubt if you were in on all of their secrets. Dr. Poe

Dr. Poe said:
GOLDSILVERPRO You happen to be addressing an issue of which I am way more experienced than you.
This is not the way I would start a new thread.
Dr. Poe said:
Apparently you know nothing about color photography, recycling hypo or the refreshing tank.
This is NOT something I would post publically!Or privately for that matter!
Dr. Poe said:
I think that maybe you have processed a bucket before and left the gold, platinum and palladium in the silver.
I highly doubt that.
Dr. Poe said:
If you don't agree, let's move this discussion to debates and discussions where I will be glad to educate you further. Also, where you worked, I doubt if you were in on all of their secrets.
How much about GoldSilverPro do you know? I gonna take a stab in the dark here and say,not a damn thing.Normally I would be jumping all over you right about now,and getting banned,but I have a real good feeling that I am not going to have to put myself in hazards' path over this.
You need to learn some humility,and I have a feeling the humility fairy is on the way.

Dr Poe

I have to say you may be a brilliant doctor but your bedside manner sucks. I for one do not approve of your trashing of our members. GSP has years of experience in the refining industry and does not deserve to be attacked.

Freechemist said it best when questioned about the strange tongue chemists tend to speak,

Why is it chemist and doctors speak a strange tongue, and you cannot read what they write?

Maybe, they don't try, thoughtlessly, forgetting that there are other people who would like to understand, too?
Maybe, they don't want others to understand?
Maybe, by longtime using "academic language" they slowly loose capability to use common language?.....
Whatever it is, don't forget, chemists and doctors are nothing special, they are human beings like you and me.

freechemist

If you want to continue to contribute to this forum try to remember that you put your pants on just like the rest of us. One leg at a time!

The canisters (I call them buckets) containing only silver come from developing x-rays. Color photography is the photo-chemistry of mostly gold grains intimate with silver grains. Goldsilverpro got these mixed up, which made his advise (other than the dangers of lead) completely worthless. His attack on my competency was unfounded, malignant, and harmful to any needing guidance. I only responded alike. Was I too rough? I should also add that the metals adsorbed onto the steel wool are not sulfides. When smelting the fumes and stench are indeed from sulfur, but from the coating of sodium thiosulfate on the steel wool, not from silver sulfide.
Dr. Poe

It's like watching some idiot try to feed a great white out in the open water........you know the great white is gonna tear his butt up,but the anticipation is killing you.
Dr.Poe,you need to stop while you are behind.You are just digging a deeper hole.Putting semantics,and knowledge aside,you ARE acting like a pompous ass,and it is going to catch up with you.Trust me,I know from experience.You can not treat anyone on this forum that way and not expect to be dealt with harshly,especially GoldSilverPro.I reiterate my first comment....you need to learn some humility.And if I am the person telling you that,then you have a serious problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back