You're Vehicles Are Melting At least 3X Faster

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awbrew

Ok, Salt Brine water, Calicum Chloride, Magnesium Chloride = SuperSalt. Only problem is I have a Salvage yard, and Peoples Hard Working Investment is literally melting faster Than They can Pay for them. I found more proof of this problem and a Company selling a Neutro Wash. So seeing as how you guys are starting to rub off on me, I looked at the MSDS and Sulfamic Acid acid seems to be the main ingrediant. They're marketing target is the State Departments Ice removal vehicles. I talked to one gentleman that works for the state Dept in Va, And He just died laughing, he said haven't you noticed the all really old Salt vehicles are gone now. And the new ones have Stainless Steel Beds. He said it had eat the frames out from under them,( these old trucks had really thick frames, probably 2 to 3 times thicker than the new trucks) Any help Removeing these Chlorides because a regular Car Wash dosen't seem to be getting the job done. So the question is probably what is the Sulfamic Acid doing to the chlorides ? Is it moving them into solution so they can washed back off the vehicles. I would think it would have to be a weak concentration of Sulfamic Acid , because after all it is an acid? And then Rinsed back off with water. What else would work on these chlorides to naturalize them. I Really can't stress the major difference in the Calls for spring hangers, Frames, brake lines, Transmission pans, oil pans, Lower control arms and even the Uni Body mounting points, where the suspenion bolts on. You name it, if its on the bottom of your car and exposed is not lasting even on 2008 vehicles. Just thought I would bring this to everyones attention that lives where it snows in the US. Maybe Rubber Maid will start making frames on the new ones... HAHA

sulfamic acid is a reducing agent i believe. it could be reducing the iron back from iron oxide. i dont really know but it sounds good.

Thanks Geo, It Says its greater than 1 percent. I Wouldn't think it would have to be much stronger than 1 percent would you. wouldn't you think as soon as it hits the salts it would melt them, Then possibly rinse the frame and under body again with plain water, correct. you wouldn't want to leave this on the frame would you? It looks like it being an acid it would be corrosive correct?

check this link.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfamic_acid

i think they use it to prep the steel by removing the rust and lime scale to re-apply the weather proofing sealant.

Perhaps you can find your answer here?

http://www.springerlink.com/content/5t4gt08801326893/

Lots more reading if you google "sulfamic on steel".

Sulfamic is a main ingredient in Lime Away. The chemistry is beyond my understanding but it seems to block the electrochemical aspect of corrosion.

And as a boiler cleaner.

http://www.chiller-chemicals.com/inhibited-sulfamic-acid-boiler-descalant.html

Back