Has anyone made jewelery/sculptures with their PM"s?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoboSteveo

Hey everyone on GRF,

just wondering if anyone has got creative with their recovered silver & gold?

The reason I ask is twofold, one because that is how I, myself became interested. I originally wanted to make a solid gold buddha statue, but after some quick math, I settled for a few rings instead, lol.

& secondly I was wondering, if and with what, do they alloy their metals with. I alloyed my gold but not my silver. The silver ring is mighty soft though.

Anyways if anyone has any jewelry or castings they've made I'm sure myself and others would love to see them.

Steve

Attachments

• silver ring1.1.JPG
    silver ring1.1.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 199
  • silver3.JPG
    silver3.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 169
  • goldsmooth.JPG
    goldsmooth.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 169
  • goldsnake1.JPG
    goldsnake1.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 169
  • snake-sideview.JPG
    snake-sideview.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 169
Hi Steve!
I was once got a bit creative... :mrgreen:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=7329&hilit=sphere&start=100#p71442

Phil

Wow Phil,
That's awesome! I love the gold spheres. I better start saving up some more scrap because I think I want to make one of those myself. Do you machine the graphite yourself?

Do you machine the graphite yourself?
No, but I wish could. I bought a small drill press and a cross slide vise for making graphite molds. I'll be setting it in a small work shop soon; maybe I'll try making a sphere mold.
Those are very nice rings! 8)

Phil

Thanks Phil,

These rings were made recently at a casting workshop I did. I liked it so much I've continued on my own.

I really like the graphite moulds. I think if you used a round ball end mill you could just set the depth on a drill press and do them that way. Then just cut the channel for a sprue. Not a 100% on that just thinking out loud;) I went to school for mould making, but never used it much till I started casting jewelry.

Where do you buy your graphite? I think I'd like to try and whip up a few moulds myself.

Thanks
Steve

goldenchild said:
I've dabbled a bit.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddBgrOQw8GM[/youtube]

Great video Goldenchild. Thanks for sharing.
That set up used in the video is just like what we used.

Nice ring too:)

Steve

Back