Barren and Joem Conversation

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
joem said:
serious? or maybe not.
Your one of the smart ones on this forum, banned I think not.

Thank you for the compliment. It means a lot. I try to give back more than I get. But I don't seem to get along well with certain people. But I try to the best of my ability. I just want everyone safe, secure and profitable. Even if my spelling sucks. 8)

I tell my students...
"take the knowledge not the attitudes"

I did get a little caught up in attitude at my beginings on this forum but then took my own advice and I mostly try to only comment on data and just read the drama and let it go - but hey we are only human, passionate yes, but only human. I do enjoy reading your views on subjects.

Thank you and I will have to compliment you on how far you have come since you have been on here. You have made a great adjustment and done a good job.

That is the best way for you to learn. That is how I got to where I am now. And answering questions from people and and getting corrected when I have been wrong. I will still never forget one of my 1st questions I had not been on here very long.

"I have seen this question asked before and I can't seem to find it again.Can you drop silver from HCL with non iodized table salt? Does the solution need to be cold or hot? Thanks in advance."

So see we all have to start some where. I can be a humbaling experience. And most of it has been the best time I have had in years and has given me new life. To watch someone grow is the best experience in life you can have. And that is why I like helping people here. There are good times and bad times, some will learn and some will not, some will stay and some will go. And you will just have to learn not to take things personal to heart and understand that people like Harold, Steve, Lou, 4metals and everyeone else are here to help and protect you. And you never know how you might develope a friendship with.

And learn to develope patience.

Surprised to see that this part of my new advertising topic has become its own thread. But I guess if new people read this they must realise that it's a knowledge based forum based on smart, not smart choices, but mostly experience. It's a modern kin to listening to your elders and learning. Most importantly post pictures because in my experience a good percentage of the younger generation do not want to read but just point and click for instant gratification, they do not have less ability to learn, they just do it in a different way.
I am glad and humbled to be here. LONG LIVE THE FORUM.
ps. and read hokes :D

Splitting the post into two topics seemed logical to me as the first two posts had to deal with advertising and the section here seemed to be you two guys causally talking amongst yourselves, so I moved it to the Discussions Forum.

This is a new thing I'm trying: Segment the threads into relevant topics to keep discussions on target. I'm considering going back through many of the threads and splitting them as I have done with this one to keep the meat of the thread on the bones of the opening topic. Of course this is a monstrous undertaking and won't make things better overnight, but you have to start somewhere.

This may also help noobs navigate the forum easier while still allowing for side conversations such as this one to occur.

Steve

I think it was a good thing to do and didn't mean for it to go so far off topic. And I feel it will clear up some of the confusion that occours.

Thanks Steve

Merry christmas to all,and to all....a winning lottery ticket.

mic said:
Remember what I told you barren about special treatment for different members?One person does something and gets banned or threatened to be banned,another one does the same thing and gets a special thread just for their conversation.Funny huh?

I hope this is not about me? I'm just a humble member who asks more questions compared to the answers I give and it takes at least two people to create a converstaion. I see nothing special here, just talk not particularly related to gold recovery.

No joe.Barren has told me several times that he is impressed with how fast you have progressed and you haven't done anything wrong.It was a subject that has been witnessed before and of course I do not want to raise any eyebrows so I keep it under my hat,or in PM's,emails,or phonecalls.

mic said:
Remember what I told you barren about special treatment for different members?One person does something and gets banned or threatened to be banned,another one does the same thing and gets a special thread just for their conversation.Funny huh?

Johnny,

Please read my post above again. No one is being 'singled-out' and there is definitely no back room conspiracy going on behind the scenes. I've been thinking a lot lately about how noobs must feel when they arrive at the forum and search on a subject. First they get either hundreds of results, or none at all. Then if they click on one of the results they end up on a thread (or in the middle of one) that is riddled with information that is both relevant to their search and information that is way off topic from their search.

If you feel I was singling someone out, why did I not split the other posts higher up in the same thread made by the same group of posters? You'll notice that out of three pages of posts in the thread, I only split the last few posts from the thread since they were not relevant to the original thread.

It is my new goal to try to help the new guys find there footing here by sorting some of the wheat in the threads, from the chaff in the threads. No one's post was altered or deleted, just relocated to a more appropriate section. As a moderator one of my jobs is to keep the forum in a clean user friendly format. You'll notice I'll be splitting more threads in the upcoming weeks. I will not decide whether to split the thread or not based upon who the poster is, I'll decide based upon the relevancy of the post to the original topic or question. When I split a thread I pay special attention to the continuity of the conversation to be sure nothing is lost in the split. After a thread is split, both threads should still be easy to follow and make sense.

I know my explanation is not as glamorous as a conspiracy theory, but like most things in life, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Relax and try not to read too much into what goes on here on the forum. It's not about 'us' against 'them', it is about everyone working together efficiently and safely to help one another refine precious metals.

I feel like after a few months of splitting and relocating threads the forum will become a much easier place to navigate for noobs and pros alike. Maybe after a year of this everyone will begin putting posts in the right section and replies will begin to remain focused on the original subject matter. I know it won't ever be perfect, but it sure as hell can't be any worse than the mixed up mess of posts we currently have. Granted some posts will not be 100% in line with the original topic, but you would have to agree that there is a lot of room for improvement.

Steve

That is one heck of a job you're putting on your shoulders Steve, even just doing so on current threads and none from the past. I welcome you to alter or delete anything I have posted that does not materially add to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back