Low yield processors for sale

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rmwatson78

I bought 120 lbs of low yields processors mostly P4 and Xeon pinless, with a number of pinned ceramic and green processors mixed in. I paid 700 dollars and know I was ripped off, but after taking them to a refiner and only being offered 150 dollars for them all, I'm hoping someone here can make me a more reasonable offer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    964.9 KB · Views: 596
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    887 KB · Views: 596
Take a look at the pinless, if you find i3 i5 i7 or Quadcore cpu, the cost 180 euro for a kilo in eu. Xeon do also have some value, if i remember it right .
But only if the are undameged.
Henrik

kurtak said:
Boardsort is currently paying $2.50 per pound so 120 lbs is $300

Kurt

$300.00 USD, + shipping costs,
my friend .... i thought you would have checked the prices before buying

most will be damaged if they were all loose in a bucket, thats a lot of testing to check them out

I can pay 3$ usd / lb net delivered to my door in Canada. Zip H7R 4L6
If any duties / custom charges from brokers like ups it needs to be deduced.
Paid after inspection / weights, net 3 days. Paypal or wire at your charge.

necromancer said:
kurtak said:

Kurt

most will be damaged if they were all loose in a bucket, thats a lot of testing to check them out

Cashforcomputerscrap is "was" paying $4.00 per pound, but they haven't updated their prices since Feb. 17th, so it could have changed alot since then.

necromancer said:
kurtak said:

Kurt

You would be surprised actually! I've pulled out thousands of perfect processors from large bags full of "waste" processors. Just make sure that the MLC on the bottom are not cracked and in the main they will be working.

Grelko said:
necromancer said:
kurtak said:

Kurt

Cashforcomputerscrap is "was" paying $4.00 per pound, but they haven't updated their prices since Feb. 17th, so it could have changed alot since then.

Hello
Pricing is still current. We try to keep numbers consistent for our suppliers.

You are looking at $4.00/lb and more on the ones with pins. hopefully we can help!

Your e-waste market in the US is so far behind the UK. I get $8.45 per pound for these over here

spaceships said:
Your e-waste market in the US is so far behind the UK. I get $8.45 per pound for these over here
That's local population for you. Here Jon, with roughly one third of your own population, it's even closer to that price per CPU. eBay is generally about AU$5/unit.
Sometimes I think I should middle man for USA scrap sellers and retire early.

Sometimes I think I should middle man for USA scrap sellers and retire early.

Now there's a man with a plan. I know "Representation Services" that witness and assay for customers and do very well. The next level of this is a representation plan that works like toll refining. Hmmmm.... that's an idea worth rolling around in your head for a while.

EwasteD said:
Hello
Pricing is still current. We try to keep numbers consistent for our suppliers.

You are looking at $4.00/lb and more on the ones with pins. hopefully we can help!

Thank you very much for the update. I thought you might have gone out of buisness, but it's great to see that you are still around. :mrgreen:

You are being robbed blind in USA. :lol:

Prices in Europe are much higher. And in some cases MUCH higher.
Just compare prices you get for CPU with some german buyers:
http://www.comet-trade.de/preise_e.htm
http://www.scheideanstalt.de/elektroschrott-preise-und-sortierkriterien/

You just about have to set up a spreed sheet with currency conversion and kilo to lb conversion to calculate all of it. I think everyone has some items they pay more for and some items they pay less for compared to other buyers. It's not really an international buying program. I think most of the buyers here in the US send it overseas to be processed but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Frank

A lot of the buyers in the US send to European refineries because they have decades of experience in refining this stuff. For decades the US have thrown it into landfill whilst the Europeans recovered the tonnes of precious metals. I attended the e-scrap conference in Florida a few years ago. The difference in both knowledge and attitude between the two regions was truly staggering. That said, the US is beginning to catch up.

I would disagree a little here, environmental regulations in the most of European countries are actually far more stringent than those in USA.
It is rather that applying more stringent regulations as time went by (more stringent than before) resulted in higher cost and processing ewaste and many other industries become simply too expensive for USA companies. That is probably the cause that material is being shipped overseas.

Is that current legislation 4metals or is it true historically? I still suggest that the European refiners got into the arena of e-waste well in advance of the US.

Jon

I do know that the plumes of exhaust that I personally saw coming from the stacks in the early '80's while at Boliden Ronnskar would have never been allowed in the US.

Today the scrubbers for NOx made in Europe operate at a lower efficiency because they use a lower retention time algorithm for the design. What is sold in Europe has gotten clients of mine in trouble here in the US, we had to slow the airflow and add enhanced chemistry to comply.

Europe has had large smelters long before the US, and the e-waste is a relatively new feed. So the fact that they have had capacity for e-waste before the US is no surprise. Aurubis was formerly the New Deutsch Refinery and they go back to the 1900's.

Back