Is Mid-States still a good refinery option?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMM

I found Mid-States Recycling & Refining online. A few members have said good things about them on this forum. Is Jack still there? Is everything as good as ever?

Also, BMX Metals in Atlanta, is within driving distance for me. Any experience with them?

This is in the context of refining karate gold and sterling.

Thanks.

Mid-States is great and yes Jack is still there, they have helped me quite a bit in getting my silver assay samples to the .999 level. They have minimums and are very strict to sign up, you have to be a business, LLC and fill out the Patriot act documentation, which is becoming pretty standard with any refinery. I have had absolutely no issues with them and have had nothing but an absolutely positive and very profitable results with them. (and no I am not a paid spokes person nor do I work for them ;)

Thanks for the input. I'd seen some mention of them and expected a little more feedback from folks by now. But I'm still new here, so I'm not familiar with the culture yet.

Looks like their minimum is only 1 ozt. They pay 98% up to 30 ozt, which is like Silvertowne, except I didn't need 30 ozt to get 98.5% at Silverttowne. But Mid-States offers XRF, which speeds up the process and helps me as I'm just starting up again (as long as it's accurate).

Was this reply your first post?

Also, have you used XRF with them, or only assay? What has been your experience?

Back