Precious Metal Refining Services ( PMRS )

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Romantic

Anbody used Precious Metal Refining Services ( PMRS ) out of Barrington, IL?

If so where you happy with them?

Any comments, good or bad would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Romantic -

Being in the industry, I have not heard of this company, yet there are several "refineries" out there that I may not be aware of.

I quote "refineries" because many of these places are infact just smelters, who then turn around and sell their dore bars to an actual refinery. - but I did look at their website, and it is very nice. (more than what I can say about our current one)

I am sorry I was unable to help answer your question though.

PMRS is a full service refinery offering complete refining and assaying of both low and high grade materials. Everything is done in house (karat, silver, sweeps, filters, filings, etc), without middle-men.

harpua63 said:
PMRS is a full service refinery offering complete refining and assaying of both low and high grade materials. Everything is done in house (karat, silver, sweeps, filters, filings, etc), without middle-men.
You say that with great confidence, are you a principle there harpua63?

Oz said:
harpua63 said:
You say that with great confidence, are you a principle there harpua63?

I am in management, but not a principal.

We just launched a new website yesterday that incorporates a live gold feed (faster than Kitco) and would love any feedback....

http://pmrs-refining.com

Thanks!

harpua63 said:
We just launched a new website yesterday that incorporates a live gold feed (faster than Kitco) and would love any feedback....

pmrs-refining.com

Thanks!

At first glance, I like the website. I agree where it says that X-rays are for broken bones.

scrapman1077 said:
No payout %, no minimum lot size listed?

We prefer not to post specific rates, as each customer is different, and our rates are determined by volume. I can say that they start at 98% on au and go up from there. As for lot sizes, it is not posted either, but in general, we request a minumum of 5ozt for gold and 20ozt for silver

goldsilverpro said:
harpua63 said:

pmrs-refining.com

Thanks!

At first glance, I like the website. I agree where it says that X-rays are for broken bones.

Goldsilverpro -
Ouch..... (pun intended)

As an XRF advocate I think that was really funny.... :lol: :lol:

Harpua63 -
Gorgeous site! I really like the simplicity and modern feel, and the photos are great too.
(ps. we need to talk again)

Thanks Miguel!

Over the weekend we also added a page for historical London Fixing (linked by the little calendar on the live feed bar), along with a few minor tweaks to the site....

http://pmrs-refining.com/

http://pmrs-refining.com/london-fix/

PMRS was named #211 on the 2012 Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing private companies in America.

http://www.inc.com/inc5000/profile/precious-metal-refining-services

I just sent them my first lot. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

Did you (or anyone else) end up going with them? How were your results?

bbitt,

The refining businesses that post on this section are one way our members can sell their material and continue buying and as such we (the members of this forum) need them. I have noticed that you have not posted anything on this forum other than your criticism of PMRS. To be fair you should now explain what materials you had and how you were able to quantify your expectations. It is easy to criticize but for it to be meaningful you should post some details for discussion. They (PMRS) are a business and I'm sure they work hard to maintain their reputation in the industry, to just slam them when we know nothing about the slammer is not fair.

Some details please!

4metals said:
bbitt,

The refining businesses that post on this section are one way our members can sell their material and continue buying and as such we (the members of this forum) need them. I have noticed that you have not posted anything on this forum other than your criticism of PMRS. To be fair you should now explain what materials you had and how you were able to quantify your expectations. It is easy to criticize but for it to be meaningful you should post some details for discussion. They (PMRS) are a business and I'm sure they work hard to maintain their reputation in the industry, to just slam them when we know nothing about the slammer is not fair.

Some details please!

Here, here!

I have been guilty, more than once, of estimating ( guessing ) that there was more gold in material than there really was. Wishful thinking I suppose. I know better now, and never make guesses, only work with hard data when estimating returns.

I am waiting to hear back from PMRS before posting details. I want to make sure there were not any errors on their end that they may have missed. I do not believe I will hear from them until tomorrow at least. After I have had a chance to speak with them I will be happy to provide details to the forum. Thanks for your inquiry.

Back