Buying Scrap Circuit Boards And E-Waste

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buying Scrap Circuit Boards and Other E-Scrap
Phoenix Group Metals has four locations in the USA New Hampshire, Arizona, Georgia and North Carolina and we buy MOST E-waste and ALL Non-ferrous. Board Prices are based on the delivery to my dock in Manchester New Hampshire 03103. Payment terms are as follows if you drop off in person you will be paid same day after sorted and weighed by either CASH or CHECK. If shipped to me payment will be made same day via PayPal after sorted and weighed or next business day by check.

If you have 15,000lbs or more of high grade boards at a time contact me and we will discuss better pricing.

BOARD PRICING BASED ON " NO STEEL PLATES / NO HEATSINKS OR HEAVY ATTACHMENTS "
Cable TV / satellite TV / Printer and Modem boards = $1.90lb
Chinese P4 Mother boards = $1.65b
P4 LGA style Boards = $1.90lb
P4 Tier One Boards = $2.00lb
Finger Boards Trimmed of Gold & boards that have had original components removed = $1.80lb
P3 & Older mother boards = $2.80lb
Server boards = $3.20lb
Medium grade Telecom Boards = $3.25lb
Finger Boards ( No Mother Boards )(Heatsinks & Cooling fans REMOVED) = $3.80lb
Networking/ Cisco Boards = $4.00lb-5.50lb ( Priced after sort )
Telecom Boards = $4.00lb - $7.50lb ( Priced after sort )
All Mixed or Uncategorized Boards = Priced Onsite

High Grade Boards & Memory
Rambus = $6.00lb
Silver Tip memory = $6.50lb
P3 Slot Cpu = $8.00lb
P2 Slot Cpu = $12.00lb
Hard Drive Boards = $5.50lb - $7.50lb
Clean Cell phone Boards $11.00lb
Gold Tip memory = $13.25lb

CPU's & High Grade Gold Content Items
Due to constant change in spot gold price please Email me what you have on the day you plan on selling it and I will QUOTE you pricing.

Computer / Server / Laptop Components
Power Supply With Wire = $0.25lb
Power Supply w/o Wire = $0.15lb
CD/ DVD / Floppy Drive = $0.12lb
Hard Drive With Boards = $0.70lb
Hard Drive w/o Board = $0.30lb
Scrap Laptop Complete = $0.85lb
Scrap Laptop Incomplete = $0.55lb
Scrap Computer Complete = $0.25lb
Scrap Computer Incomplete = $0.15lb
Scrap Server Complete = $0.20lb
Scrap Server Incomplete = $0.15lb

Low Grade Product
Brown Monitor Boards = $0.12lb
A/C Adapter No Wire = $0.12lb
UPS Back up Incomplete = $0.12lb
UPS Back up Complete = $0.15lb
A/C Adapter With Wire = $0.18lb
Power Supply Boards = $0.25lb

Please Call or Email me for any E-waste pricing not listed and for ANY non-ferrous pricing.

We Also Buy Catalytic Converters and Auto Cores
Sean Beuque " [email protected] "
E-waste operations Manager
Phoenix Group Metals " Phoenix Group Metals: Home "
Cell# (603) 315-7787
work# (603) 644-2334
Address: Phoenix Automotive Cores 140 Hayward Manchester, NH 03103

Wow, 15,000 lbs. or more? Well that leaves me out.

And your prices do seem a bit low, especially for that quantity. The last batch of green P4 mother boards I sold went for $3.15 lb. And that was for nowhere near 15,000 lbs. worth.

rickbb when did you sell last time? i would love to see your price with gold price , and compare with my buyers to see if they do the best they can... thanks

It says 15,000lbs or "MORE" contact me for BETTER PRICING...

and I am going to guess the last time you sold boards was when gold was $1680.00oz..

And hear is a little secret for free. P4 motherboards( Mixed Types )have a total value after Mill deductions ( Umicore ) of $2.45lb when gold was $1385.00oz

manchvegassalvage said:

and I am going to guess the last time you sold boards was when gold was $1680.00oz..

And hear is a little secret for free. P4 motherboards( Mixed Types )have a total value after Mill deductions ( Umicore ) of $2.45lb when gold was $1385.00oz

I like your free tips....more please. I'm assuming all your prices are in U.S. currency? Thanks in advance.

CBentre said:
manchvegassalvage said:

I like your free tips....more please. I'm assuming all your prices are in U.S. currency? Thanks in advance.

Yes!! US currency

yar said:
Why the difference in pricing for hard drive boards?

Because there's a heck of a difference between the gold content of a 2011 SATA drive board and the gold content of a 1999 SCSI drive board mate.

spaceships said:
yar said:

Because there's a heck of a difference between the gold content of a 2011 SATA drive board and the gold content of a 1999 SCSI drive board mate.

Yes that is true but prices I see for hd boards are around $10.00 per pound with no varied prices according to when they were made. It also doesn't matter wether you send in one pound or 100 pounds of them. I would still like to know the range in pricing that this buyer is offering. Please do not answer for the op since it is his business and his prices he posted, mate.

spaceships said:
yar said:

Welll said. Take a pound of each 90's scuzzi boards, 2010 scuzzi boards ,IDE boards and Sata boards and align each type of board into collage as if it were one board. Then look at the difference in chip population, Connectors and finnally the thickness of boards you will see why the difference in value.

I see alot of people buying hard drive boards for more then what they are worth both on Ebay ( No suprise there ) and large board buyers. The high and low gold content on hard drive boards is 150ppm of Au thru 400ppm of Au and that doesnt include Pd,Agand Cu.

your average return on Hard Drive Boards is

Au 275ppm
Ag 3050ppm
Pd 185ppm
Cu 20%

ppm is parts per million, 1 gram per million grams, 1 pound per million pounds, 1 ton per million tons.. if you mix the units you have to transform between the units.

1 ppm is 1 gram per million grams = 1 gram per pound * 1000000 / (grams per pound) = 1000000 / 453,592 = 1 gram per 2204,62 pounds

Do I have to add that it is way much easier in metric... 1ppm = 1 gram per million grams = 1 gram per 1000 kg = 1 gram per ton = 1 mg per kg ... :mrgreen:

Göran

lol that is a nice overkill explanation ,ive never realised it was simple math ... i tough it was something like 1 atom in 1000000 atom ... i still doesnt understand the mole etc,etc... anyway thanks

ericrm said:
lol that is a nice overkill explanation ,ive never realised it was simple math ... i tough it was something like 1 atom in 1000000 atom ... i still doesnt understand the mole etc,etc... anyway thanks
Everything is simple math! :mrgreen:

... unless it is slightly more complicated math...

Parts per million is of course only a scale factor just as percent (0.01). But if you are measuring mass you can't use 1 atom in 1000000 as the atoms have different weight.

Moles is only a measurement of a specified number of atoms. 1 mole oxygen atoms weighs 15.999 g. The definition is that a mole is how many carbon-12 atoms it takes to get exactly 12 gram. (=6.022×1023) It is a convenient way to go from equations that talk about single molecules to an amount we can easily measure and work with.

For example, a water molecule H2O contains 1 oxygen atom and two hydrogen atoms. A mole of water contains two moles of hydrogen and one mole oxygen and weighs 2x1.008+15.999 = 18.015 g.

A mole of moles on the other hand... now we're talking... http://what-if.xkcd.com/4/

Göran

g_axelsson said:
A mole of moles on the other hand... now we're talking... http://what-if.xkcd.com/4/

Göran

well........
ummmmm.........

now i understand .........

maybe, let me read that one more time.

great site, thank you !!

manchvegassalvage said:
spaceships said:
yar said:

Welll said. Take a pound of each 90's scuzzi boards, 2010 scuzzi boards ,IDE boards and Sata boards and align each type of board into collage as if it were one board. Then look at the difference in chip population, Connectors and finnally the thickness of boards you will see why the difference in value.

I see alot of people buying hard drive boards for more then what they are worth both on Ebay ( No suprise there ) and large board buyers. The high and low gold content on hard drive boards is 150ppm of Au thru 400ppm of Au and that doesnt include Pd,Agand Cu.

your average return on Hard Drive Boards is

Au 275ppm
Ag 3050ppm
Pd 185ppm
Cu 20%

This is very interesting. What source is referenced for the yield values, if there is such a list? It would be good to know the PM yield value for CPUs as well. Please share if you have a reference to this information?

Back