Neutralizer-Scrubber of acidic fumes & gases

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viy

The proposed design of the neutralizer being under slight vacuum (see pic) has certain advantages compared with the traditional design of column type apparatus. Thus, when vacuum turned on, leakages in pipe joints and open holes in the reactor create directed movement of contaminated air from the reactor to the neutralizer, where decontamination takes place. To effectively neutralize nitrogen oxides it is necessary to have certain dwell time of contaminated air in the apparatus. The traditional design (feed gas down the column while circulating the absorption solution) is less effective because neutralization reaction occurs only on wetted surfaces of the packing. Then, to prevent leakage of gases into the workroom, it is necessary to increase the height of the column, add an adsorber, and take away the processed air to outside. The proposed device, called the reactor with a flooded packing, does not have of this shortcoming, as the reaction takes place in the volume of the solution. Here, the packing prevents agglomeration of gas bubbles coming out of the bubbler and increases time of the gas-liquid contact. It is found that the proposed device is 5 times more efficient than conventional, e.g., the proposed 5-gal device is equivalent a scrubber of the traditional design with packing height of 1m. In addition, because of slight vacuum, you can open the reactor for stirring and addition of components in parts. The traditional design does not give this opportunity. It is found, that the proposed portable neutralizer may provide safe operation at dissolving approx 400-600g metal or more.

Key Features of the System

- Production Rate. Neutralizer has an opportunity to purify air at dissolving 400-600 g metal and more by simultaneous operation of two reactors
- Air purification. At working, the System is under slight vacuum. Therefore, there are no fumes, gases, vapors, smog, and acidic smells in the work space because they go into apparatus for neutralizing.
- Easy to operate. The Device no requires experience. It comes with Instructions which you receive via email. Seller provides free on line technical support 7 days a week.
- Versatile. Refine and recover all kinds of Gold Scrap when acidic gases and fumes are formed by a reaction.
- Compact. It takes up only about 6 sq. ft. (~0,6m2) of space for normal operation. When working, it’s required a standard work bench 15 sq. ft.
- Deep cleaning until no odor. After neutralizing, air remains in a workroom and does not require further purification.
- There is a test for making a decision on the replacement of the neutralizer solution .
- The design allows you to remove the waste solution without disassembly .

Neutralizer Specification

1. Neutralizer – 5-Gal Bucket durability 90 mil with modified lid
2. Motor bucket 90 mil with modified lid
3. Motor (vacuum pump) 120v, 60Hz, 2A with voltage regulator
4. Bubbler
5. Grid - perforated support for packing
6. Raschig rings packing 14 L
7. Flexible pipe for neutralizer liquid removing
8. Sampler
8. Indicator paper
10. Flexible hose for buckets connection
11. Flexible hoses for connection Scrubber - Reactors
12. Adapter for connection Reactor – Flexible hose (design under the preliminary arrangement)
The motor operates almost silently and does not interfere with your neighbors. The power consumption of the unit is about 150 - 200 w (like a desktop computer).
The entire design is developed from standard easily replacement parts. Assembly is 100% handmade.
In detail see http://k2b-bulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ListingConsole&currentpage=LCActive

Attachments

• Scrubber for 2 Reactors.jpg
    Scrubber for 2 Reactors.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 671
Not to be a negative nancy, but, 400 bucks for 20 dollars worth of stuff from home depot and goodwill?

And, what if i use a griffin beaker or coffee pot instead of 2 erlenmeyers or boiling flasks?

What if I only have 1 boiling flask worth of material to run at one time? Will it even have enough vaccuum to pull the fumes from the reactor with the other hose sucking open atmosphere (unless i just cant see the valve)?

Im sorry im coming off as rude, I am just curious as to why...

Edit to fix typo

This post belongs in the Refiners, Buyers, assayers section because this is a product you are selling and not scrap or something for trade between members. The topic will be moved.

Viy, are you the same person as Dendrite from the post Noxx linked to? There were a lot of unanswered questions in that thread. It would be nice if you could address those concerns.

Dave

Dave,
It's me, only older 5 years :lol: . I changed ID as forgot password.
I am ready to answer all questions if the discussion will be fruitful. In addition, I could take a part in tests close Washington DC if someone will be interested in.

The exhaust provided by the blower you are using is set up to discharge directly into the workspace? That means the NOx that passes through the scrubber is emitted into the workspace.

How is that acceptable?

NOx is neutralized by 10% alkali solution completely (no odors from motor!) in an apparatus for neutralization (scrubber)

Well that all sounds well and good from your standpoint, but you want to sell these things. I work with fume scrubbers daily and I know that the best of the best are only 99% effective. These are scrubbers with dual chemistries, pH and ORP dosing pumps, recirculated chemistry etc. I would be impressed if your unit is 90% efficient.

So let's assume your unit is 90% efficient. That means that 10% of the NOx entering the system will pass through the system and into your dust-buster blower. For one, the internal workings of the blower will not stand up to the exposure, nor would they stand up to the caustic mist of the neutralizing solution. And, for however long the blower does work, you will be spewing NOx into your workspace.

If any of these assumptions are wrong I would be glad to go over the math with you to assure your "scrubber" has the requisite retention time and flow rates for efficient scrubbing. I would love to see an effective NOx scrubber our members could buy for $400, and I am open to your convincing me that you unit will do just that. So please, let's discuss this on the open forum.

Shouldnt this be in the new rogue gallery?

Afterall, I just read the other thread that Noxx linked to, and the majority of the questions posed were unanswered. Or when valid points were made, the point of discussion was turned or the goalposts got moved. The questions asked then and now, are all still valid... 5 years and 1 lost log in password doesn't grant amnesty from them, i wouldn't think anyways..?

One thing that gets me is, he has 100% feedback, for over 1250 sales. But, I just wonder how someone could leave a negative feedback if they are dead?

Of course. Any experience is the criterion of truth.
The System is under slight vacuum (motor from vacuum cleaner Bissell 3-in-1). It's enough to exhaust air went to neutralizer through bubbler. In addition, you could open reactor at refining (recovery) and add reagents by parts.

There is no debate that the system is under slight vacuum. And this vacuum will draw fumes into the chamber through the tubing as well as in through any loose lids or fittings. So all air going into the scrubber will be exposed to the neutralization process at whatever operational efficiency it achieves. But when the treated fumes get to the vacuum source, they are discharged into the work space. A bissell 3 in 1 is not a discharge blower and it doesn't have any means of being installed to discharge into a duct which will remove any exhausted air from the workspace. So where the vacuum is generated, any un-scrubbed fumes will be discharged into the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noxx said:
Oh wait, I think we discussed something similar a while back in the eBay section 8)

Topher_osAUrus said:

I find it odd that this is the first link to eBay I've come across on the forum that took me to the eBay log in screen. Even though I am logged in to eBay on another tab...

My Spidey senses are tingling!

Let's let 4metals explore the possibilities here. He is more qualified than most of us to evaluate a scrubbing system, and like him, I'd be interested in a compact, portable scrubber that works.

Dave

The Device is not scrubber in total understanding. No "un-scrubbed fume"! Reaction of neutralizing goes in volume of lye solution, but not at surface of packing like in scrubber. Unfortunately, I have no tester for defining volume concentration of NOx on outlet. Only absence smell.

I'm sure 4metals would be able to do a comprehensive test of the device, and I believe he's relatively close to you. You could have no better endorsement than his! I would encourage you do get one into his hands and let him run it through it paces.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
I'm sure 4metals would be able to do a comprehensive test of the device, and I believe he's relatively close to you. You could have no better endorsement than his! I would encourage you do get one into his hands and let him run it through it paces.

Dave

As author of the design, I am interested in the impartial research of maximum production rate and size of batch for the neutralizer. This is the only way to scale process.If possible, I would like to take part.

UncleBenBen said:
Noxx said:
Oh wait, I think we discussed something similar a while back in the eBay section 8)

Topher_osAUrus said:

I find it odd that this is the first link to eBay I've come across on the forum that took me to the eBay log in screen. Even though I am logged in to eBay on another tab...

My Spidey senses are tingling!

I kind of had the same feeling but I figured it was just the way he posted the link. Everything should be safe.

Comprehensive stack testing is prohibitively expensive, so expensive that the EPA doesn't ever force the testing of emission points unless they are sure they will win.(Meaning they are sure the emission is over the limit) It seems they forced a plating shop to do it once and it cost about $7,000 and when the results came back within limits the shop owner sued the EPA for the cost of the test. Anyway the main thing they look for is color of stack gasses (in this case dust-buster gasses?) and odor.

For a scrubber to be effective at NOx scrubbing the fume needs to be in contact with the chemistry for 8 seconds. So 5 gallon bucket will contain (5 x .1336)=0.668 cubic feet or a double bucket system will contain 1.336 cubic feet. That means the system can handle 10.02 (call it 10) cubic feet per minute of airflow. There are 7.5 eight second parts in a minute so the cubic feet of the scrubbing area times 7.5 equals the CFM the unit will support.

That 10 CFM is generous because it should be calculated on the wetted packed area of a scrubber. That usually requires the chemistry is pumped and evenly distributed over the packing. This unit has no pumps at least none described in the promotion. You can flood the entire column and when you do I generally halve the cubic volume because it is difficult to evenly disperse the bubbles of fume throughout the packed area. Still a 5 CFM airflow will handle a closed aqua regia reaction if you can assure the fume is well distributed.

The pH of the liquid is controlled with a piece of litmus paper I assume?

Back