Precipitation gold mistakes

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaci

Hi , I hope u can help me so I dissolve all my gold recovery(from chips ,ram ,pin...) in nitric and hcl after I put some urea for neutralize nitric no reaction happened,I think that's happened because I did wash to much the filters with water after that I put too much smb I didn't see any thing in the barème so how I can take out the gold from solutions ( the solution green color) , please if there is any solution I can get back the gold let me know , thanks advance .

We need a lot more detail to help you, how much product was dissolved and how much acids were used would be a good start, do not panic if you have gold in solution you can recover it, have you tested your solution with stannous to see if you actually have gold in your solution?

I dissolve 150 gram pin from connecteurs and 3 pound memory chips after burning and washed, and 300g processors CPU and 1 pound ic ship , and 100g card phone, I did the test nothing happened no brown color

Yes , I lift caper (copper?) and aluminum and steels in the filter, I put 1 nitric and 3 hcl , all this I did it in défirent bucket and I filtration in the same filter

Kaci said:
Yes , I left caper and aluminum and steels in the filter, I put 1 nitric and 3 hcl , all this I did it in défirent bucket and the filtration in the same filter

Kaci said:
No gold left in the filter I see only caper and steels and some aluminum
When I asked how much acid you used, I meant the total quantity, like 1 liter, 1 gallon, etc. If you still have copper and aluminum that wasn't dissolved, you didn't use enough acid. Your gold is probably in the filter along with the copper and aluminum. It won't look like gold. It will be more like a brown or black mud.

When the acid was exhausted, any gold that dissolved "cemented" out on the undissolved base metals. It's a common method of recovering precious metals from dirty solutions. Copper is often used because it is more reactive than gold, so the copper replaces the gold that is in the solution.

Dave

Please, proofread your postings. Take some time to make it easier for us to help you.

I would call what you have a classical mess. Here are some reading for you. Check the links in the reference section.
http://goldrefiningwiki.com/mediawiki/index.php/Making_a_mess

Göran

I agree. The gold is in the filter along with the Cu, Al, and Fe. If you're going to use aqua regia (AR), you must dissolve all of the metals with it in order to guarantee that the gold remains dissolved and does not precipitate onto the remaining metals. Also, if possible, it is always better to remove any aluminum before using the AR. Aluminum will precipitate the gold faster than about anything.

If you had tested the solution with stannous chloride for the presence of gold before adding the SMB, it is likely that you would have found that there was no gold in the solution. It's most probably in with the remaining solids.

I used like more then 1 liter of nitric , that's truth maybe it's in the filter , but I watched the filter using more then 2 gallons of water is that no problem ?

Kaci said:
I used like more then 1 liter of nitric , that's truth maybe it's in the filter , but I watched the filter using more then 2 gallons of water is that no problem ?

I am sure that you studied all the safety aspects of your little project, and how to properly dispose of all your waste, like the Youtube video showed you, Right?

g_axelsson said:
Please, proofread your postings. Take some time to make it easier for us to help you.

I would call what you have a classical mess. Here are some reading for you. Check the links in the reference section.
http://goldrefiningwiki.com/mediawiki/index.php/Making_a_mess

Göran
I did copper in the solution I see a white poudres cemented ! It's not black

At this time, stop what you are doing, store the material safely. Both solids and liquids. Then study more.

Especially read up on
- Testing
- Safety
- Taking care of waste
- Hoke

Then in a couple of months maybe you are ready to continue to deal with your mess, the gold will wait for you.

Göran

What acid you use for take out aluminum? And I have ideas :if I put a piece of aluminum cathode and aluminum copper like anode in a solution does that halp

I did copper in the solution after that I see white poudre glue in the pièce of copper is that mean smb ?

Back