GSP Consulting

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldsilverpro

In Remembrance
Moderator Emeritus
I stopped consulting about 5+ years ago when my wife got cancer. She's been gone a couple of years, now, and I'm really getting bored and am very eager to start consulting again - I really miss it. I'll probably be somewhat picky in the jobs I take and I'm mainly interested in those people who want to make money in this business.

If anyone is interested, email me at [email protected] . Tell me in as much detail as you can think of what you want to achieve, along with your facilities (if you already have facilities), the type material you think you want to process, how much money you can spend on setup, etc., etc. Send photos. I won't charge you for my study of what you send. Take some time on preparing this. The more I know in advance, the fewer questions I have to ask, and the more bang you will get for your buck. It goes without saying that everything we discuss will be confidential.

I won't do anything until at least after the New Year. If interested, start thinking about what I need to know. If your project sounds intriguing, I'll give you a quote. If you're serious about doing this for monetary profit, I can give you a big head start. Also, I'm not against your getting several people together and picking my brain on a specific subject. Skype would definitely be better than just a phone. Also, with Skype and a cam in your facilities, I could see what you are doing and, in some cases, I could lead you step by step in a process. I might also do something on a retainer. Just some ideas.

If you have ideas on how best to do this, let me know. I think most anything could be accomplished with a Skype approach. At my age, flying is a total pain and it would have to be something special to get me on a plane, but I would do it.

Chris Owen

Good to see you back in the saddle again Chris!
It's what keeps us young and gives us a purpose.
Merry Christmas brother and I hope Nexus year brings you many adventures and happiness.

Hi Chris and fellow members,

Don't take this the wrong way but you mention "at my age" and I have read many of your posts stating you have been at this a long time (as far back as the 70's if I remember correctly). I am no spring chicken but believe you to be senior to me by several years.

I think it is great you are wanting to consult again. I have often said to people - someone should talk to the seniors, in depth about their knowledge and experience (in refining and other areas), and record what they have to say for future generations, after all, we all know you don't take nothing with you but your soul (to quote the Beatles). I am a micro potatoes, hobby refiner interested in mostly silver and have utilized your wisdom on many occasions and thank you for your selfless contributions to this forum. Wishing you the best on this undertaking in the new year.

Cheers, Jeff B

I can only hope to be as spry in the mind as you when and if I make to your age.

I think it's an absolutely awesome idea.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. For a long time after my wife died, I sort of lost my self-confidence and it's taken 2 years to get it back. Your words have helped considerably. God bless you all.

It's a big step forwards Chris. It's called having purpose if you would excuse my bluntness.

Jon

goldsilverpro said:
Thanks everyone for the kind words. For a long time after my wife died, I sort of lost my self-confidence and it's taken 2 years to get it back. Your words have helped considerably. God bless you all.
My mom is going through the same thing right now. I have no clue how difficult it must be, and it hurts to imagine, just through the observation of her grief. The significance of the impact of ones loss is respective of the importance of that person in your life. When the reflection in the mirror changes, so does ones confidence...and I know that if my wife were to pass, my reflection would change.

Great news Chris.

For anyone wanting commercial know how with years of practical experience you would not find many better than GSP.

My condolences for your loss.

I am in the very beginning of a start up. When I complete my due dilligence I will be in need of consulting services.

Why reinvent the wheel when you can borrow the hubcaps?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

rickzeien said:
My condolences for your loss.

I am in the very beginning of a start up. When I complete my due dilligence I will be in need of consulting services.

Why reinvent the wheel when you can borrow the hubcaps?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I've worked with him before. Very good at helping people. He helped me.

Hey friend, sorry for your loss. I hope you had many happy years together.

:idea:

I know it's an older post, but did you ever think of writing a book? Or, probably better, develop an online course? I don't know how much you earn for consulting, or how large your audience is, but it could be an avenue to investigate. Once the course is created, it requires less work from you to keep answering the same questions from different people.

CMM said:
Hey friend, sorry for your loss. I hope you had many happy years together.

:idea:

I know it's an older post, but did you ever think of writing a book? Or, probably better, develop an online course? I don't know how much you earn for consulting, or how large your audience is, but it could be an avenue to investigate. Once the course is created, it requires less work from you to keep answering the same questions from different people.

Book is already available, right here;

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=22327&p=233617#p233617

Back