Assays, Refining & More. "The Rock Man's Lab".

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard36

Hello to all.
Here is a current listing of the services I can provide, and my fees for each.
Questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome, and appreciated.

Sincerely; Rick. "The Rock Man".

Geo.-Tech. Analytical services and fees

Fire Assays:
Oxide and Sulfide Ores, Bullion, Precipitates, Recovery Resins, Pregnant Solutions & Scrap of all types ___$75.00

Aqua-Regia Pre-Treatment _$25.00

(This method will recover more Gold in the Assay,
but AR may be the only way such values can be obtained in a production setting).

The sample is leached with Aqua Regia until all action has ceased,
then 2 grams of Zinc is added to the solution, let react, then stirred to bring every bit of the material in contact with Zinc bearing solution so that all metals are cemented out as recoverable micron values.

The Solution is then evaporated away to leave a dry material with cemented values that is then Fluxed and Fired as an Oxide Ore.

Ore/Leach Amenability Tests for T6 and CLS. _ $125.00 per sample, per leach formula.
A preliminary fire assay of each sample to be leached is required to establish recoverable values. _ $75.00

29.16 grams of ore is leached with 50 ml of T6 or CLS for 18 hours at 40 to 60 degrees F, the leach solution filtered, and then 2 grams of zinc is added to the filtered solution to cement values. The cemented metals are recovered and assayed to determine values recovered against an assay of the Ore to be leached, as well as efficiency of the leach if compared to the other formulas.

Refining:
Ores, Bullion, & Precipitates_____1/3 of Recovery.
Fire Assay required to determine the amount of recoverable Bullion in the material to be refined.

Qualitative Analysis: 28 Element ___$1.10 An Element / Or $30.00 For all.
Gold Platinum palladium Rhodium Iridium Ruthenium Silver Cobalt Molybdenum Bismuth Tin Lead Zinc Copper Nickel Vanadium Titanium Tungsten Niobium Tantalum Chromium Beryllium Antimony Tellurium Phosphorus Manganese Calcium Iron.
The above tests are reaction positive for each element.

Fused Flux Bead Testing:___$0.50 An Element / Or $5.00 For All.
Chromium Copper Nickel Manganese Uranium Vanadium Molybdenum Titanium Cobalt Tungsten Iron
When a small amount of ore is fused with flux, it imparts specific colors to the bead, hot and cold, providing a positive identification for the elements listed above.

Flame Testing:___$0.25 An Element / Or $4.00 For All.
Sodium Calcium Copper Barium Strontium Lithium Potassium Phosphorus Boron Molybdenum Zinc Antimony Bismuth Lead Tellurium Arsenic Selenium
When finely ground ore is burned in an alcohol lamp flame on a platinum wire moistened with water or hydrochloric acid, it imparts specific colors to the flame positively identifying the above elements.

Other Services:
Scrap Gold Refining:_____10Kt. & UP.__1/3 of Recovery.
Recovery of Gold From Plated Items:___1/2 of Recovery.
Mineral Market Consulting:____10% of the Gross Sale of each Ton of Ore Sold.
All services cash or Money Order only.
Make Money Orders Payable to Richard Pickle

Here are a couple of calendars that I made.
I thought maybe others would be interested.

Attachments

• G.E.P. Callender & Poster.#2.jpg
    G.E.P. Callender & Poster.#2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,801
  • Ore Callender & Poster.#1.jpg
    Ore Callender & Poster.#1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,801
Become a fan on Facebook.

Here's the link.
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=113&post=181&uid=108943585815920#!/pages/Geo-Tech-Analytical/108943585815920

Check out my page, and let others know about it.
Questions, comments, and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely; Rick. "The Rock Man".

This is a site that I just found.
It is full of all sorts of information related to all aspects of mining,
and a multitude of economic minerals are covered, not just Gold, Silver, and PGM's.
From what I could see, most ores are covered in this site.
This is truly a one stop resource for a great variety of info.

Here's the link.
http://www.mining.com/

Check it out, and enjoy.
Sincerely; Rick."The Rock Man".

Here's another really cool site on mining related information.
It will take me at least six months to go through all that is presented there.

Here's the link.
http://www.infomine.com/

Check it out, and enjoy.

Sincerely, Rick."The Rock Man".

I just got through creating my website.
Check it out, and leave a comment, if you would.
I would like to get some feed back on it.
Thanks in advance to all who check it out.

Here's the link.
http://geotechanalytical.weebly.com/index.html

Check out the links on the second page.

For all those who may be interested, my website has been updated.
Check it out, and leave me a comment.
I will appreciate all the feedback that I get.
Thanks in advance to all who do so.

Richard36 said:

I think you should have a description with each picture of what you can do with these items

joem said:
Richard36 said:

I think you should have a description with each picture of what you can do with these items

Thanks joem.
That is something I shall do then.

I'm about to place an add in the I.C.M.J. (International California Mining Journal)
for six months, and since I will be listing my website in my add, I'd like to have all who pay attention to my posts to check out my website, give me some feedback on it,
and let me know if there are other things that I can do to improve it.

Feedback from all who have gotten to know me by my posts will be greatly appreciated.

Richard36 said:
joem said:
Richard36 said:
For all those who may be interested, my website has been updated. Check it out, and leave me a comment.

Thanks joem.

I'm about to place an add in the I.C.M.J. (International California Mining Journal)
for six months, and since I will be listing my website in my add, I'd like to have all who pay attention to my posts to check out my website, give me some feedback on it, and let me know if there are other things that I can do to improve it.

Feedback from all who have gotten to know me by my posts will be greatly appreciated.

Descriptions have been added.
Feedback anyone?

Richard36 said:
Richard36 said:
joem said:
Richard36 said:
For all those who may be interested, my website has been updated. Check it out, and leave me a comment.

Thanks joem.

for six months, and since I will be listing my website in my add, I'd like to have all who pay attention to my posts to check out my website, give me some feedback on it, and let me know if there are other things that I can do to improve it.

Descriptions have been added.
Feedback anyone?

Good rick
Now from my marketing point of veiw, with each item picture explain what's in it for the person ( "Why would I send it to you, what's in it for me?" attitude) who sends you these item, is it cash, precious metal returned, or extra service that can be paid for with the value of these items.

Also
full name and full contact information must be present on a business web site
we may trust you here, but if I was joe blow from teledo (sorry joe from toledo I don't mean to single you out lol) how do you gain my trust?

joem said:
Good rick
Now from my marketing point of view, with each item picture explain what's in it for the person ( "Why would I send it to you, what's in it for me?" attitude) who sends you these item, is it cash, precious metal returned, or extra service that can be paid for with the value of these items.

Hello joem.

Thanks for the reply, and the feedback.
Changes have been made.
Again, feedback anyone?

joem said:
Also
full name and full contact information must be present on a business web site
we may trust you here, but if I was joe blow from teledo (sorry joe from toledo I don't mean to single you out lol) how do you gain my trust?

My first and last name are present on my website, as well as my phone number and e-mail.
I think it wise to keep my address unposted, and give it to prospective clients as they contact me.

Posting my address is an invite to be robbed.
Not everyone is honest, there are those with ill intent.
That being the case, some level of privacy, and secrecy is in order.

dtectr said:
Testimonials from satisfied customers?

I added a page where clients can post a comment in regard to their experience with my services. Thanks for the idea. I appreciate it.

I look forward to further questions, comments, and suggestions.
Thanks again for the feedback.

Dot com rules for online business presence requires an address, best bet to get a post office box for mail and added credibility.

I am with Joem on the address thing. When I post ads as a legitimate recycler I always use a friends business address and 'Suite B'. Nothing says I am a legitimate biz like an address

I run out of my home. I wouldn't consider using it as my 'business address' for the same reasons listed by Rick

-Lance

oh yes and one very important thing
get your own dot com
it's easier to read and remember
and does not make it look like a freebie site
the cost is really inexpensive and there are many companies out there.
When I build sites for my clients I use
3ix.com for 12$ a year it's a good deal but I'm sure many members can recommend favorites too.

As an afterthought to the services that I can provide,
I recently made contact with someone in Canada that has contact with people in various industries that will buy Ores of Metallic and Non-Metallic Minerals.

For a finders fee of 10% of the gross sale of each ton of Ore,
I'll help interested clients establish a market for their Ore through this contact.

Richard,

I am trying to get a handle on determining what
is in the ores and orecons we are receiving so we can
determine how to smelt them properly. I know I can get
a fire assay done, but what is the best way to go about
getting a mineralogical assay done so I can formulate
the smelt flux recipe, etc.

Thanks,
PS

Back