Wanted: PM Ore concentrates

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmasmelter

We are looking for new sources of precious metal ore concentrates
to be processed in our arc furnace smelter. Approximately 0.5 ton/day
remaining capacity available for the right material. PM me if interested
in discussing how we can work together at this historic time in PM history.

PS

plasmasmelter said:

PS

The attached file is from J.S. Wisdom written back in 1959, I'm sure that after reading this you will gain some insight into what your trying to achieve with your arc furnace as an impractical endeavor.

Your going to find that smelting certain types of ore's is not going to be as simple as dumping some cons along with some flux into a crucible.

I've reached my attachment quota someone else if going to have to upload the J.S. Wisdom file for you.

rusty said:
plasmasmelter said:

PS

The attached file is from J.S. Wisdom written back in 1959, I'm sure that after reading this you will gain some insight into what your trying to achieve with your arc furnace as an impractical endeavor.

Your going to find that smelting certain types of ore's is not going to be as simple as dumping some cons along with some flux into a crucible.

I've reached my attachment quota someone else if going to have to upload the J.S. Wisdom file for you.

oooppps! hit wrong button.

plasmasmelter said:
rusty said:
plasmasmelter said:

PS

I sent a PM to you asking to email me the book you cited. What we are doing is far from an impractical endeaver as we are already
extracting values from cons. Some of the basic cons are "basically' self fluxing and so we are in business already. I'm aware that successful smelting is a heat, time, flux relationship. With the advice of folks here and other places, I have more insight into how to approach the
different cons. Thanks to you rusty and others that have helped.

PS

What advantages does a plasma-arc furnace offers over other, cheaper, high temperature furnaces?.

I can't imagine myself paying $12,000 to smelt a ton of whatever.

HAuCl4 said:
What advantages does a plasma-arc furnace offers over other, cheaper, high temperature furnaces?.

The cost varies depending on the type of material so PM me if you want to get into more specifics.

I appreciate your questions and interest and if you have any advice, it is most welcome.....Back to my research...

PS

plasmasmelter said:
HAuCl4 said:

We prefer to split the profits on the values extracted and therefore you don't actually pay
up front to have the smelting done. For instance, we are working with a con that is 0.21% PM
based on the button ICP assay and it roughly averages $1,000/troy oz. We end up with approximately $61,000 in revenue.
In this case we would normally take 50% after expenses which is a lot more than $12,000/ton.
I didn't say we are cheap, but we have the advantage of being scalable and therefore can increase
throughput as may be warranted by the profitability. I threw the 12k/ton out there just to
get some interest.

At that rate we don't make much even with the less complex cons. We are setting up a
smaller system to do
R&D recipe smelts while we are processing with the prototype production system. It will be a few months
before that is setup however.

I appreciate your questions and interest and if you have any advice, it is most welcome.....Back to my research...

PS
Well I wish you luck ,if your honest with your customers they at least know what the costs will be and even more importantly the returns for them. Moaning about the costs seems pointless as there seems no one else out there to do this,unless someone else wants to try :lol:

I realize now that since I am working towards a commercial application I am
relegated to the "refiners, assayers, etc." board index threads if there is
discussion of business. Sorry for the mixup. :oops:

What is the minimum Gold/Silver content of the Ore that you are willing to work with?
I might be interested in helping provide you with material to experiment with.
I find mineral deposits of various grades quite often, it is a sport and hobby of mine.

Sincerely; Rick."The Rock Man".

Richard36 said:
What is the minimum Gold/Silver content of the Ore that you are willing to work with?
I find mineral deposits of various grades quite often, it is a sport and hobby of mine.

Rockman,

Breakeven is around 0.15%. We prefer non-sulfur ores if possible at this time.
PM me if you have something in mind you want to run by.

Thanks,
PS

plasmasmelter said:
Richard36 said:

Rockman,

Breakeven is around 0.15%. We prefer non-sulfur ores if possible at this time.
PM me if you have something in mind you want to run by.

Thanks,
PS

Heh! In other words, you're hoping to find an ore that runs no less than 43 oz./ton?
I've seen far better ore, but I wish you luck. I expect that's not going to happen.

Harold

You are right Harold. I should have clarified that 0.15% will applies to ore concentrates
and not raw head ore which would likely require some concentrating. Although, like you said,
raw ores do sometimes exist with that concentration if one is lucky. Thanks for setting
the record straight.

PS

I do not think smelting has to be that expensive to be effective. Perhaps this method is economically viable in very specific concentrates requiring ultra-high temperatures. But for most of the ores and concentrates out there, more economical re-concentrating and smelting methods exist, that have provided satisfactory results for hundreds of years.

Just my $0.02 :roll:

The plasma torch is beautiful though, and an accomplishment to be proud of by itself, and perhaps developed as a product to be sold?. :idea:

We are working with several folks with orecons and they are happy campers.
Leaching only gets at 50-65 % of nobles in most cases.
Arc smelting gets at over 95%.

PS

I'm very interested in your plasma recovery. Plasma is very expensive to run but has the temps needed for PGM's. However we have teamed up with a scientist that has made a prototype that is scaleable that works great on our complex ore. The unit cost about $60 a day to run vs. Hundreds/Thousands a day with traditional plasma tech.
I would like to talk to you about your process. We have a mountain of carbon that is consistant .5 to 1.5 opt head ore and the cons are firing at 30 opt conservitively. If I gave the real number you wouldn't believe me.
We are always on the look out for new tech and processes that work well on complex ore.
Would like to know more about your process. Please contact me.

what is your cutoff grade for gold ore cons? thanks Bryan 303 503 4799
you may have posted this already I just want to know what it is now?

he hasn't been around since- Last visited: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:00 pm. That is from his profile.

send a PM his e-mail might still work

Eric

Back