• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

6+ pounds of MLCC for sale

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dpetes

Supporting Member
6+ pounds of MLCC for sale.

All are from boards with the letter C by them. All are nonmagnetic. Size ranges from large/mediem to small/very small. Some will have solder on them. If interested Please send me a PM.

Looking to get $400 USD.

If interested Please send me a PM.

Thanks for looking!!!

DwayneDSCF0161.JPG
DSCF0158.JPG
DSCF0159.JPG

Laptop/desktop computer motherboards, hard drive, DVD, and all other cards found in computers.
Plus many other types of electronic boards such as cd, dvd, older xbox players, flat screen tv/monitors,
and what ever else I get that has these MLCC on there boards.

I know these are sold, but question when buying something like this (new to this). My question is how do I know the value of this kind of product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbroadway said:
I know these are sold, but question when buying something like this (new to this). My question is how do I know the value of this kind of product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By searching mercilessly for data on the yields- working out the time involved and materials, then working out what margin you want to make and then costing it accordingly.

This is where first hand experience is your friend. Knowledge truly is power in this game, and that's why true yield data is very rarely shared apart from a few ranges of products. This forum does contain quite a lot of yield data if you know where to look. "Yield" is a good starting term for searching and I don't mean that sarcastically.

Jon

Ok here's a starter for free.

Non magnetic noble metal MLC

Potential yields are:

2%-3.5% Pd
up to 10% Ag

6 pounds is approx 2.72 Kg

Take the lower end of the scales for your maths, so you have the following:

2.7Kg x 2% of Pd i.e. 54g @ £16 x 54 = £864
272g of Ag @ 39p = £106

Total "safe" return of approx £972 or £1,180.

Less materials, time etc. Also bear in mind I am working on the assumption that all the product is noble metal bearing. So if you look at that, the seller's original asking price was pretty darned good and someone got themselves a bargain.

Nice to share the data, anachronism.

I've been collecting data on the forum and put it on one page so I could find it easier, enjoy!
http://goldrefiningwiki.com/mediawiki/index.php/Yield_numbers

Göran

Two thoughts:

1) In general, yield also depends highly on methods used and the refiner's technique. Even if some of the pros did post their yields, I wouldn't personally expect that yield, I'd just use that as "there is at least that much PM there, I'll get as much as I can."

2) On data collection, I wonder if we could start voluntarily putting in some numbers into a table. If we used the Gold Refining Wiki page Göran just referenced, there would be attribution (who edited the page), so it wouldn't be truly anonymous, but I think that's better--then we don't have spammers or specious data. We could probably rig it to give both the sample numbers and the min/max range (I can't remember if MediaWiki will do basic calcs like that or not).

I'm certainly not suggesting we get down to details like which exact chip make/model was refined, just broad categories like "Noble Metal MLCCs" or "N-S BGAs".

upcyclist said:
Two thoughts:

1) In general, yield also depends highly on methods used and the refiner's technique. Even if some of the pros did post their yields, I wouldn't personally expect that yield, I'd just use that as "there is at least that much PM there, I'll get as much as I can."

2) On data collection, I wonder if we could start voluntarily putting in some numbers into a table. If we used the Gold Refining Wiki page Göran just referenced, there would be attribution (who edited the page), so it wouldn't be truly anonymous, but I think that's better--then we don't have spammers or specious data. We could probably rig it to give both the sample numbers and the min/max range (I can't remember if MediaWiki will do basic calcs like that or not).

I'm certainly not suggesting we get down to details like which exact chip make/model was refined, just broad categories like "Noble Metal MLCCs" or "N-S BGAs".
There is a math module for mediawiki, but it is easier to manually just add a line in a table at the right spot.

As for anonymity, only I would know the IP-number of a poster. The site is set up so you need an account to make edits, but you can have any user name you like.
As it is today, with a link to GRF on each value, the credibility of the numbers are linked to the poster here.

Göran

Mcnew32(Ag) said:
i didn't think that was rude, but I am sorry if it was.
For what it's worth, I thought your question of curiosity was posed politely enough, for you freely allowed the opportunity to decline.

While there is a wonderful culture of sharing in this forum, not everything is free. The lines can be fuzzy. If you don't raise your hand, you don't get an icecream.

Back