• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Presler B-1 Beta Intel CPUs . . .

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmetal

Supporting Member
Need help from you CPU gurus/collectors.

I recently won an auction for the contents of a 10' x 20' storage locker. It was used by an electronics/eWaste hoarder and it was a winner for me! :D

I am still sorting through the stash . . . gold top ceramic CPUs, laptops, towers, MBs, PCBs and more. It has doubled my own hoard and will take me through the summer to sort, depopulate and recover.

The locker had two beta CPUs, individually packaged in anti-static boxes. They appear to be Intel CPUs but a Google search of any of the serial numbers and reference to Presler B-1 Betas is a no-show. You'll note that the CPUs have nothing laser printed on their heat shields. There is only the small serial identifier as shown in the pics.

Any help/information/or guesstimate as to their collectability will be greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks,
James

Attachments

• Presler B-1 Beta - A0632 - Serial # Top.jpg
    Presler B-1 Beta - A0632 - Serial # Top.jpg
    605.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Presler B-1 Beta - A0632 - Serial #.jpg
    Presler B-1 Beta - A0632 - Serial #.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Presler B-1 Beta - A0632 - Top.jpg
    Presler B-1 Beta - A0632 - Top.jpg
    805.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Presler B-1 Beta - A0698 - Pads.jpg
    Presler B-1 Beta - A0698 - Pads.jpg
    964.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Presler B-1 Beta_1.jpg
    Presler B-1 Beta_1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 150
I think it's some Intel Pentium D 945/950/960 Engineering sample (not released).

decide to sell - I'm ready to buy. :)

The closest I could find for the names and numbers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_D

The Pentium Extreme Edition based on the dual-core Pentium D branded Presler was introduced as the 955 model, at 3.46 GHz, and used a 1066 MT/s FSB compared to the 800 MT/s in the non-Extreme edition.

Scroll down to "Presler". It looks like the one you have might be a pre-release, but I couldn't tell you for sure. It could be rare

There is a note with "revision B-1" on the page also.

The first batch of Presler processors (revision B1) had the EIST feature turned off by a microcode update because of stability issues. That affected only its power consumption, when idle, and thermal dissipation. Chips with working EIST started shipping in Q2 2006. They had a different S-Spec number which can be found in Intel errata documentation.

Post it on a cpu collectors forum and perhaps you might get an answer or even better a serious offer.

Start an ebay auction and post it to the CPU-world forum.

Definitely collectible!

Göran

I want to thank all who have responded with excellent advice/information! :D

I want to be clear - there are two of what appear to be engineering samples of the Intel Presler XE Model 955 CPU:

PSL 3.46Ghz/1066FSB/4M/130W FMB
2L602366A0632

and

PSL 3.46Ghz/1066FSB/4M/130W FMB
2L602365A0698

In their original sample anti-static boxes.

I love GRF and hate eBay. So, if any of you CPU collectors are interested in one, or both, PM me with the "offer I can't refuse" and spare me the eBay experience. :roll: :D :roll:

Thanks.
James

Attachments

• Presler B-1 Betas.jpg
    Presler B-1 Betas.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to market their items to a world wide market.

Tell you what, I'll list them and sell them for you on E-bay and we'll split it.

Back