Classic Firearms Rock-Ola M-14 Giveaway

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a "little" bit off the topic of this thread (the gun giveaway) here are some pics I have taken to make my new place a home since moving to John Day Oregon just for eye candy/fun

The first pic is a couple gun "display" racks I made - the top one is my grandpa's old Iver Johnsons 28 gauge that he gave me when I was like 12 years old - it's not really worth a lot on the gun market - but it's worth more to me then ALL the rest of my guns --- the bottom one is an "old" Marlin 25-20 - best I can tell from the serial number it's +/- 100 years old & is a fun gun to shoot

The second pic is a gun rack I threw together yesterday for "some" of my guns just because I needed a "temporary" place to put then - they have been just hanging out in different corners of the house because my real gun cabinets/storage & other guns are still in storage back in Wisconsin & I am not plaining on getting more stuff from Wisconsin until April or May when weather gets better --- will be putting this gun rack in the closet of my spare bedroom today after I round off the edges with my router

Third pic is a close up of old sword - I don't know a lot about swords but I "assume" its an old calvary sword from the Indian wars when the west was first being settled - I just picked this up for $120 & there are no markings on it --- I plan to make a rack for it like the guns in the top pic

Oh - one more note - the second from right gun in the gun rack was my first 22 which a bought when I was 12 years old - again its not worth a lot on the market but its worth a lot to me simply because its the first real rifle I ever bought - I am planning to make another display rack for it like the ones in the top pic

Kurt

Attachments

• WP_20180127_08_24_25_Rich[1].jpg
    WP_20180127_08_24_25_Rich[1].jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 346
  • WP_20180127_08_22_30_Rich[1].jpg
    WP_20180127_08_22_30_Rich[1].jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 346
  • WP_20180127_08_18_43_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20180127_08_18_43_Pro[1].jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 346
A few more pics just for fun

Attachments

• WP_20180127_08_38_38_Rich[1].jpg
    WP_20180127_08_38_38_Rich[1].jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 345
  • WP_20180127_08_37_54_Rich[1].jpg
    WP_20180127_08_37_54_Rich[1].jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 345
  • WP_20180127_08_46_42_Rich[1].jpg
    WP_20180127_08_46_42_Rich[1].jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 345
Nice rack, Kurt! You just have to love those older guns. Especially the old family pieces that still function.

Looks like the new place is becoming home sweet home. I've only seen pictures but it sure looks like some pretty country out that way.

This site has a lot of good info to make different type gun racks.
Not really plans, but enough info to help you make them.

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRacks.htm

I like the Rotary long gun racks;

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRacks06.htm

In the UK we have to hide our guns away in locked steel cabinets that are bolted to the wall and floor. 8)

The Rattler Bite Giveaway

https://www.classicfirearms.com/contest/sig-mcx-rattler-giveaway-contest?utm_campaign=2018-3-25_VEPR+Auction+%28JhgCnt%29&utm_medium=email&_ke=am1zZG91Z2hlcnR5QHlhaG9vLmNvbQ%3D%3D&utm_source=All+Email+Subscribers+%28Excluding+Suppressed+%26+Weekly%2FMonthly%29+Segment

Hi Jim. You seem to be the go-to man for firearms. I'm interested in purchasing a premium sniper (selected from production) Mosin-Nagant in the USA, preferably with the original PU scope. The wooden stock condition is not important, as I plan to change it with a polymer stock. If you have any places to phone or source, please let me know. Anyone else that wishes to chime in, please do. Cheers.

cuchugold said:
Hi Jim. You seem to be the go-to man for firearms. I'm interested in purchasing a premium sniper (selected from production) Mosin-Nagant in the USA, preferably with the original PU scope. The wooden stock condition is not important, as I plan to change it with a polymer stock. If you have any places to phone or source, please let me know. Anyone else that wishes to chime in, please do. Cheers.

I would say watch Gunbroker for a nice one. Or maybe on Armslist for a local one. There are a lot of fakes out there.

I do have an Archangel stock on one of my Mosins, they are nice.

Jim

Thanks Jim. What is the "current price range" for a Mosin-PU originally matched?. When I was young my "mentor", one of a few real friends I ever had, had one. He gave it to me in practice, and took my GI issue. Of course he could shoot better with the GI than I with the real deal. So, I want to get a good one now in my golden years, as a tribute to my friend. Wow, a 55 year old man can cry... :cry:

Back