Memory buy list?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimdoc

Are there any lists or websites with current buy prices for memory?

I just got 8 Samsung 32GB PCL 8500R in an IBM server. Hoping there are more like that as I have some more to pick up yet. I see them on Ebay for $100 to $200 each, but was wondering what they are worth without Ebaying them, as I quit selling on Ebay.

Hey Jim,

Try http://www.keystonememory.com. The contact there is Craig....
[email protected]
[email protected]

I sell to these guys fairly often now. They will send you a check, or they also do paypal. If you send them a list of memory and/or cpu's you want to sell Craig will get back to you with prices.
I prefer the paypal method as I usually get paid the same day that I send the package, if sent early enough in the day for them to fit in the paypal payment.
Hope this helps.
Dennis

Thanks Dennis.

They are close enough that I could drive over. I will wait to see what I get in the rest of the load.

Jim

I messed up dismantling this one. It is one of these, except has a single processor (still don't know the speed);

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Power7-P740-Server-8205-E6D-w-16GB-RAM-amp-Dual-Processors-/263554119881?epid=1251370235&hash=item3d5d0cb8c9%3Ag%3ADm0AAOSw3jBarFcR&nma=true&si=VtKDV8xKM0wi4CN28lZM4Cw6hzg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

But I could not tell what it was before I took it all apart. When I saw the 8 32 GB memory sticks it got my attention. All the other servers were from around 2005, and were nothing special, so those are just scrap. Parts seem to sell good, so all is not lost. And I may get a few more in a week or two.

First I sent a questions through the website contact, and after a week no response. Then I sent the questions to the [email protected] address last Friday, and no response.
I guess I will try calling him tomorrow.

Jim,

Keystone Memory is most interested in PC3/DDR3 memory. I have no idea what you have but they buy all the PC3/DDR3 memory I have, and any i3, i5, i7 cpu's I send to them.

Generally speaking their prices go along these lines.....

1g PC3 desktop/laptop memory $ 1.50 ea
2g PC3 desktop/laptop memory $ 5.00 ea
4g PC3 desktop/laptop memory $ 15.00 ea
8g PC3 desktop/laptop memory $ 30.00 ea

i3 cpu's $5.00 - $35.00 depending on model
i5 cpu's $ 10.00 - $75.00
i7 cpu's $ 20.00 - $150.00

I don't know how old your stuff is but the boys at Keystone seem to be most interested in newer stuff ie: PC3 memory and i3,5,7 cpu's.

It bums me out that you have not heard back from Keystone, not even a denial. Trust me, Craig will sip his morning coffee tomorrow reading a pointed email from me!

I have attached a fairly recent price list from Keystone. I will caution you though, the prices they actually pay will be slightly less than shown on the list. However, after you send them a list of what you have, they will get back to you with prices and a purchase order.

Dennis

View attachment NEW Keystone Memory Pricing[3988].pdf

I called Craig today and he said he will get back to me with a price.
I will let you know what he offers for the 8 Samsung 32GB PCL 8500R.

jimdoc said:
Still waiting for Craig's call, I am starting to think he just doesn't like me.

So sorry Jim. I will not be advising the use of Keystone Memory anymore. He (Craig) has made me look bad and that is unacceptable. If he doesn't want your business he should have the decency to let you know.
Time to move on to another buyer.

Sorry I led you down the wrong road.

Dennis

Dennis,

No worries from me, if he treats you right, by all means deal with him. He didn't make you look bad, he made himself look bad. He probably lost a lot of business.

If you can find a better place to deal with, that would make you more money, then forget all about Keystone.

It would have been nice to have a local place to deal with, but no big deal. As much as I hate Ebay, it looks like that will be the best place to sell?

Jim

anachronism said:
Probably not. Post a clear pic of the memory showing the IBM sticker clearly would you?

Jon,

Here are some pics.

The riser card # is 00E2097
Also have Processor VRM card # 00E7162
12 x channel Dual Port adapter # 00E0646 (2BDA)
System Backplane # 00E0807

And other parts from the IBM Power7 720 8202 E4D, that are not pictured.

Do you know how I can tell what the processor is without removing the heatsink?

Thanks. Jim

Attachments

• DSCF0725.JPG
    DSCF0725.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 282
  • DSCF0714.JPG
    DSCF0714.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 282
  • DSCF0730.JPG
    DSCF0730.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 282
  • DSCF0716.JPG
    DSCF0716.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 282
Trade price on the RAM is about $150 each but that's trade price to "sell" of course- it might be (well probably will be) a little off the wall for Keystone because it isn't instantly flippable.

They don't tend to stock anything that requires an effort to bounce out the next day if required.

There will be an IBM part number on the main board - that details the type of processor that's on the board Jim. Assuming the proc is soldered on?

One thing to add. This RAM isn't used for IBM one heck of a lot. There aren't that many servers out there like this. Would probably be best sold as the generic part which is effectively ebay pricing.

Either way you've got a good margin there mate even if a stockist gives you $60 each for them.

I don't know if the processor is soldered on or not. The heat sink looks like you need a long allen key to reach down in the hole on the top to remove it. I have seen processors for sale on this site;
http://www.vibrant.com/store/Search.aspx?SearchTerms=ibm%20power7
so I am guessing they are not soldered on.

Vibrant are a proper IBM dealer- we have dealt with them a few times over the years. They can command high prices because of their test and purchase procedures plus the market they have.

Some sold as high as 260 a stick on ebay. Yeah, I know where I'd be listing them. Don't want the hassle? I'll sell them for you 50/50!

Back