bombing water

What you need, Where to get them, How to make them, Etc.
sakosakarian
Country of Origin: lebanon

bombing water

Postby sakosakarian » July 10th, 2013, 3:56 pm

i have bombing water how can i get gold from it?
and there is white cyanur and yellow cyanur

Palladium

Re: bombing water

Postby Palladium » July 10th, 2013, 4:04 pm

Jewelers used bombing solution to polish the gold because it uniformly removes a thin layer of metal from all exposed surfaces. By bombing before polishing the jeweler was able to retain a little more of the customers gold than by polishing alone.

Classically bombing is a mixture of potassium cyanide and hydrogen peroxide in water and the concentration of cyanide is high.

To recover the gold raise the pH to 12 with caustic soda and sprinkle in fine mesh powdered zinc dust, roughly 2 ounces for every ounce of gold you expect to recover. The gold will drop out pretty quickly and you will see the mud in solution go from brown to grey when it is complete. Filter the solids and you will have a mixture of zinc dust and precipitated gold. Rinse this well and if possible add hot water and boil it for a while to expel any cyanide. You can dissolve the excess zinc using HCl but be careful and do it upwind or in a hood to make sure you don't breathe in any fumes when you acidify what may contain residual cyanide.

Cyanide is nasty stuff and not easily neutralized without testing equipment. Adding bleach to neutralize is better than nothing but not the best solution. Cyanide is best decomposed in a 2 step process requiring both pH monitoring and ORP monitoring probes. whomever told you it can go down the drain was not helping you much!!! 4metals
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
1. Refining Precious Metal Wastes C.M. Hoke http://tinyurl.com/mfnyhs
(REV) (Free Download)
2. Get the (FREE) Gold Refining Forum Handbook VOL 1 here >> http://tinyurl.com/nyutnp
3. Get the (FREE) Gold Refining Forum Handbook VOL 2 (Final) here >> http://tinyurl.com/y9w5y73
4. Silver cell setup video here (FREE) >> https://tinyurl.com/jhzadse
ALL FREE-----ALL THE TIME

sakosakarian

Postby sakosakarian » July 10th, 2013, 4:22 pm

thank you :D

Charles Connor
Country of Origin: Costa Rica

Postby Charles Connor » July 25th, 2013, 11:24 am

Hi, i have this questions: does it matter if i have the caustic soda in solution? and the zinc dust is to precipitate gold or just to boost?
Jābir ibn Hayyān,THANKS!!

sakosakarian

Postby sakosakarian » August 10th, 2013, 2:09 am

hi Mr palladium i need help i have plating water and contain 24-k gold and cyan-our,nitric acid,and b sulfate how i wanna get gold back.

Mensch1970
Country of Origin: usa

Postby Mensch1970 » October 1st, 2013, 7:21 pm

Since urea is used to neutralize the acid (Aurochloric) wouldn't another base like sodium bicarb, calcium carbonate work as well?

Toddntucson
Country of Origin: USA

Postby Toddntucson » October 29th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Tricky jewelry lol, that's why I hate taking anything with gems and letting it leave my sight!

Marcel
Country of Origin: Germany

Postby Marcel » October 29th, 2013, 5:54 pm

@4metals: I am impressed (again)
That is not only facts but also a deep insight into the business..
Beginners guide to scraping
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BMTU8GY

muhammad Shahzad
Country of Origin: India

Re: RE: Re: bombing water

Postby muhammad Shahzad » April 17th, 2018, 11:45 am

Palladium wrote:Jewelers used bombing solution to polish the gold because it uniformly removes a thin layer of metal from all exposed surfaces. By bombing before polishing the jeweler was able to retain a little more of the customers gold than by polishing alone.

Classically bombing is a mixture of potassium cyanide and hydrogen peroxide in water and the concentration of cyanide is high.

To recover the gold raise the pH to 12 with caustic soda and sprinkle in fine mesh powdered zinc dust, roughly 2 ounces for every ounce of gold you expect to recover. The gold will drop out pretty quickly and you will see the mud in solution go from brown to grey when it is complete. Filter the solids and you will have a mixture of zinc dust and precipitated gold. Rinse this well and if possible add hot water and boil it for a while to expel any cyanide. You can dissolve the excess zinc using HCl but be careful and do it upwind or in a hood to make sure you don't breathe in any fumes when you acidify what may contain residual cyanide.

Cyanide is nasty stuff and not easily neutralized without testing equipment. Adding bleach to neutralize is better than nothing but not the best solution. Cyanide is best decomposed in a 2 step process requiring both pH monitoring and ORP monitoring probes. whomever told you it can go down the drain was not helping you much!!! 4metals
Hi mr palladium

is this gold recovery process can apply with sodium cyanide and hydrogen proxide leach ?

Thanks

Regards

Sent from my GT-I9060 using Tapatalk

anachronism
Country of Origin: England

Postby anachronism » April 17th, 2018, 11:59 am

You're asking the same question in many places Sir.
If you keep on doing what you've always done then you'll just keep on getting what you've always got.

"If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools, or watch the things you gave your life to broken, and stoop and build ‘em up with wornout tools" -- Rudyard Kipling

"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank." -- Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott

muhammad Shahzad
Country of Origin: India

Postby muhammad Shahzad » April 17th, 2018, 1:15 pm

anachronism wrote:You're asking the same question in many places Sir.
So what is the answer

jimdoc

Postby jimdoc » April 17th, 2018, 1:50 pm

muhammad Shahzad wrote:
anachronism wrote:You're asking the same question in many places Sir.
So what is the answer

The answer right now is, stop posting all over the place and be patient.
People don't want to answer your question, only to find that someone else already did in another post.
Be considerate.

Return to “Chemicals”