Five Nines 99999 Gold Produced In My Garage

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadriver

I'm planning an experiment for a new video.

In this video I want to refine an ounce or so of gold to five nines fine.

The purpose of this demonstration; just to see if I can do it, nothing more.

I need an ICP assay for confirmation of the results of the experiment.

I've used Guardian Labs in the UK in the past for a fire assay of some silver crystal.

I think it was Nick who helped put me in touch with them.

Any direction on this would be greatly appreciated!

kadriver

Kevin ask them if they can do what you need if not perhaps they can suggest someone else who can do it.

There must be an ICP machine in a University near you, or a professional refiner/assayer in the USA. Lou perhaps?. One gram will suffice, probably as payment for the assay too.

goldsilverpro said:
ARMCO said:
Hi Kevin,

Scott in Alaska here. I used ALS Minerals for professional fire assay in the past. Contact Robert Hill <[email protected]>. Let me know if that works out for you.

ARMCO
Fire assay isn't precise enough to determine whether gold is 5 nines, or not.

All I was stating there is what I used them for. They do have ICP, spectrometry, whatever he needs. But sounds like you have the capability to analyze it adequately also :)

I believe I communicated that information about the ICP in a PM/email but not here so I understand the reason for your comment. ;-)

Happy New Year.

kadriver said:
The purpose of this demonstration; just to see if I can do it, nothing more.

kadriver

Hi kadriver,

Did you ever get around to doing this experiment? Were you able to get the five nines? Would love to see it!

:D

Thanks!

Back