planning to use aqua regia on ore

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mohamedmsud

I tried to use Aqua Rigga on ground ore, 20 grams per tonne using mercury. I tried aqua regia on 10 kilo but there was no interaction and the color became yellow and when the sediment did not find anything ... In the opposite one of the people work on this and has Very successful results .. I could not take the method from him but may be using caustic soda to increase the degree of BH Ana I do not know why but his work brings fruit .. Note I use Aqua Regia with raw gold and succeed

Aqua regia on ores is not suitable.
0.2-0.5% cyanide solution is used in industry.
Healthier altenative is to use 0.5 % of thiourea mixed with about the same amount of Ferric Sulfate Fe2(SO4)3.
Yet another option is 0.2% of bromine in 5% salt solution or sea water.
From cyanide and bromine process Au is precipitated with zinc powder. For Thiourea process have to check.
I would not expect for you to make a profit running one of these small scale. These are industrial methods suitable for thousands of tons of ore, so the scale economy kicks in.

Thanks for your response, I already use cyanide and Thiourea at work. I work with hundreds of tons. But the accuracy of these methods is a bit low. I say this because there are people who started using Aqua Rigga and gave them better results .. I want to use Aqua Regia for 100 Kela or 10 But what matters is why the interaction is not done

It's Aqua Regia.

I don't mean to be picky however getting the terminology correct is important.

Knowing what materials are present in your ore is a step you should take before exposing it all to acid. Wouldn't you agree that this makes sense?

Back