What kind of a leach is best to get Silver out of carbonacious shell?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachattack

We have some shell ore that has a high concentrations of silver, gold, and platinum. Just wondering what the best leach process would be so we can electroplate it out, or if there is a better process? Any information would be great, thanks!

What are the grades of your precious and base metals, especially copper, lead and zinc.

Cannot give any realistic answer without this knowledge.

Deano

Thank you for your response Deano, so the assay we completed on our ore was just for gold and silver. It was 440 ounces/ton of silver, and 19 ounces/ton of gold. There are very small amounts of zinc, copper, and possibly led. I don’t know those exact numbers though. Any more info would be great Deano, thank you!

Deano has stated he can’t help without knowing exactly what’s in your material, I have tried on another thread to press this point home, without knowing exactly what you have deciding on a way to recover the values is next to impossible as the other elements can cause problems or stop recovery been economically possible, it’s also highly likely you have toxic elements present which need to be addressed before any treatment is started.
I know it sounds like we all want you to spend your money on assays but without them you can’t proceed safely or know exactly what you can recover or how.

Back