Solution color

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slaughlin79

Every time I’ve used copper to cement values (gold and silver) the solution turned light to dark blue, but this time when dropping what tests to be pt and pd the solution has turned clear. Its my understanding that anytime copper goes into solution you will get at least a light blue to greenish tint?

Are there times when this isn’t the case?

Also it looks closer to the color of silver cement rather than pt or pd, but can’t be bc it’s a HCl H2o2 solution, unless h202 changes things?

Didn’t have time to take picture before heading to work this morning but I will take one at lunch.

It will not be the case when the solution is fed with whatever is less noble than copper, everything over should be dropped already tho.. if from ore, probably Ti?

I know this is old but I forgot about it until I came across it while searching for answers. So yes for a fact my HCl is HCl and my H2O2 is H2O2 12 percent 40 volume developer and my copper is copper and the solution of pgm is a solution of pgms and the catalytic converters i made the solution from is catalytic converts and well some dpf’s added too.

Well here’s my finding.....

Pgm black is misleading as I’m sure many know bc black is more dark gray to silvery color and sometimes blackish color but not black. I have refined silver and yes the pgms that came cemented on real copper that was copper absolutely could confuse a person who had just started working with pgms. Now I never figured out why the solution starts to turn crystal clear but it does and I can post pictures to prove it. Just bc a person hasn’t seen it doesn’t mean it isn’t the case I promise you. And if that not the case it would be an absolute retarded question to ask but it did so I did asked hoping to get an intelligent response besides basically coming to a conclusion without saying I’m wrong without asking a single question. I tell you what there are some really good people on here and then there are others who I think get on here just to be a prick.

Now I never figured out why the solution starts to turn crystal clear but it does and I can post pictures to prove it.

Maybe you got your answer above, did you test the solution for copper or any metal, what metal salt did you have?

Just bc a person hasn’t seen it doesn’t mean it isn’t the case I promise you.

No, we cannot see what you are doing or anything you have done.
We can only attempt to answer your question as intelligently as we possibly can from what little information you provide.
Yes we are blindly trying to give helpful advice to some complicated chemical reactions that we cannot see, or have no clue of what all you have done, trying to make an educated guess of only you know what, we are left relying on you to provide details or a good image, relying on you to ask educated questions (from your study and experience) and giving enough information that we can try to provide you help to find the answer to your question.

And if that not the case it would be an absolute retarded question to ask. but it did so I did asked

hoping to get an intelligent response

You will have to be able to ask intelligent questions.

besides basically coming to a conclusion without saying I’m wrong without asking a single question.

I tell you what there are some really good people on here and then there are others who I think get on here just to be a prick.

Yep, that attitude is really helpful, and reason for banning.

If you ask intelligent questions, provide helpful information, maybe some of us pricks can be somewhat helpful.
If you cannot ask an intelligent question with enough information, the helpful member may not be able to help.

I normally think of myself as helpful but just like others who come here asking for help and not getting the answers they wish to hear, and not providing as much as an educated question, I can be a prick too.

Give me an intelligent question with intelligent details and just maybe I can be somewhat helpful in you finding the answer your stupid question or otherwise you and me both can act like pricks.

Your question your choice.

Back