Cutting gold fingers

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcoP

I've tried sheet metal snippers and a bandsaw, but nothing beat this old heavy duty paper cutter, 1Kg on mixed memory in less then 6 minutes! Next week I get the blade sharpened, it may go under 5 minutes.

Marco

Attachments

• WP_20151114_14_45_12_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151114_14_45_12_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 240
4metals thanks for worrying, the good part is that I took all time it needed. I didn't rush at all, the blade isn't really sharp so it needs some pressure and I would get tired pretty easy but I stopped after 6Kg, fresh like a rose. Next week I'll get the blade sharpened and will do the next 20Kg.

I was working at the same speed a man would keep if he had to work on it all day. I though it could be useful to someone in here to increase efficiency in their work shop.

Marco

I've tried one, mine must not be heavy duty enough, made a mess.

I got a electric sheet metal snip, cheap one at Harbor Freight, I clamp it upside down in a bench vise. Lock the power button on and zip the cards right through. Some cardboard guides/funnels duck taped around it to guide the fingers into a box. Makes real quick work of lots of cards/sticks.

Back