Where may I be able to learn the technique to purify,/refine gold?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mraverage570

Hey.
I'm new so apologies if this is the wrong topic to post on.
I've been interested in gold for a bit and would love to learn the process of purifying or refining in a course, a practical course but i have no idea how to or where to go.
I'm from the UK but I'm willing to travel abroad to countries that have more opportunities if there are any.

I ask you knowledgeable people to help me find a place or where to start looking.

Thanks

EDIT: Just to add, I don't have a strong background in Chemistry or meteorology.

Welcome to the forum. I'd suggest starting with the book in my signature line. Then read through all that has been written here on the forum. Many of our members have become successful refiners doing just that.

Dave

Thanks, I'll try that hopefully. However I was hoping to get hands on experience from someone who knows what to do and how to do it, from anywhere in the world to be honest. Do you know of a place or know of anyone who might know place I could go? Not anything extremely academic, hopefully.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check around the forum as well.

You will have to search long and hard for someone to teach this skill and trade in a class, this skill has been kept a secret from all but a few all through history, it is a field of study that no man has learned all of its attributes, even today even the simplest of refining techniques are still not understood by most everyone sharing the little information they think they understand on youtube, even college graduate chemistry documents and written papers will be of little help.

There is tons of information about this subject but until this forum little of it was shared in open discussion.

How many years are you willing to spend in a class and lab to learn this skill, as I said we can spend several lifetimes learning only a small portion of this craft, How many years are you willing to pay someone to teach you, do you have enough gold to pay for that kind of education?
If you have enough gold to pay for a lesson, how about enough gold to pay to learn a year's worth of lessons? How ten or twenty years worth of lessons? I am sure there is someone who would take your gold to show you a little chemistry and help you understand some basic principles and even show you a couple of tricks of the trade, maybe even help you understand a few processes, but it would cost you more in gold than you could refine even if you had it all.

Here on this forum, the knowledge is shared freely, all you have to do is study it and learn.

You have to do the work to learn.

This skill or trade is not handed over to you, you would not have enough gold to pay someone to teach you all of that there is to learn about this science, even if you could pay someone to lead you around in circles by the hand, you would have to work to learn this skill, but also you would have to have a passion for the labor educating yourself.

All of which is free you already have to work to learn, it is here you do not have to give us your gold to study.

Expect someone to do the work for you and you will never learn.

Acquire basic knowledge here and then learn by doing :) best start with safety and waste disposal techniques!

Reading Hoke's, some forum and then running few kg of fingers in AP=>AR is quite simple and the best practice anyone could ever teach you, you can get the knowledge here for free and you should try to get first material for free/as cheap as possible, mostly focus on safety and waste disposal and it's going to be ok. Shure you'll lose some gold here and there but you'll learn much more on the way ;)

me·te·or·ol·o·gy
noun: meteorology
"the branch of science concerned with the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere,
especially as a means of forecasting the weather"

You will certainly learn some chemistry along the way if you stay on this forum very long.
I'm not so sure about our expertise here about the weather though. 8)

I think the answer is Chemical lab assistant (laborant) course, which later you track it to what field you want

Back