Getting the shiniest gold ever

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

platinum01786

hi guys,
so im trying to get the perfect shiny gold ingots every single time. and currently we only get it sometimes
ive optimized by procedure using the tips seen around the forum such as double AR and washing with HCL and/or Nitric. I chose nitric because HCL just doesnt work for me.
im only interested in the ever lasting gold shine that people care about thats whats important.
so ive almost perfected the procedure currently i do the following

Double Refining with AR and SMB to percipitate then;
1.Wash with ammonia (15mins)
2. Wash with Nitric 35% (15mins)
3.Wash With Ammonia (15Mins)
4. Wash With Nitric 35% (15mins)
5. Wash with Ammonia (15mins)
6. Wash With Nitric (10mins)
7. Distilled Hot Water x 3 Washes

i mean even after all this its still a hit and miss 50/50 could anyone suggest something to get that superb glow all around the ingot not just in certain places. what provides the glow? cause ive even seen 99.5% gold bars that are shiny so what could it be?

any suggestions guys

If you are referring to the small bars that are commonly available then the answer is simple, most of those are struck like coins giving that high gloss finish, simply pouring bars from molten gold it’s hard to get that finish but you could try heating your metal more so the gold cools slower once poured.

Latest posts

Back