Starting to sell on e-bay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philddreamer

Just to let those interested know about my first auction on e-bay!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pounds-3-OZ-of-Mixed-Black-Fiber-CPU-Scrap-for-Gold-Recovery-/141176689975?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20dec95537

Thank you!

Phil

gave you a bump too

I started to sell too some things I have too. mostly Ta caps that are RoHS and still on the real.

Eric

I went to $66.00 on the black fiber CPU's with 12 seconds remaining (all I was willing to pay). Someone else also waited until the last few seconds and, apparently, wanted them more than I did.

Thanks for trying, Mike!

Yep, he came out of the blue! :shock:

Now I'm waiting for him to pay...

The DLP's are next, in about 3 hours.

Phil

P.S.
Thanks Eric! 8)

For anyone interested, I have an auction for some pins:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141183468634

Thank you!
Phil

I started it off for you. I don't spend much on pins so I don't expect to win. Too many variables!

They look like friction fit backplane board pins. It sure is faster to buy them than it is to pull 'em!

That's how I spend my two hours watching TV with my wife each evening.

gold4mike said:
I started it off for you. I don't spend much on pins so I don't expect to win. Too many variables!

They look like friction fit backplane board pins. It sure is faster to buy them than it is to pull 'em!

That's how I spend my two hours watching TV with my wife each evening.

It looked like you were out bid so I thought I'd jump in and make a bid for myself to try to get some more pins to run in my micro gold stripping cell. Didn't work. Whoever outbid you was willing to pay more than I was too. Figuring 1/2 gram per pound it looks like you will do alright on this auction since there is still 4 days left.

I was going by this thread for my estimate. Your pins MAY have more gold than 1/2 gram but I went to my limit which I figured I would NOT make anything but not be too far behind either.:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=6993

teabone said:
There are so many variations on the types of pins , that to set a certain number would not be feasible. I've had some mil-spec pins that averaged out to over 3 grams of gold per pound. There has been other times where the lower grade pins averaged less then 1/2 a gram per pound. The same goes with cpus and fingers. One rule of thumb , however , is the older the scrap the better.

That's alright, I have more stuff to tear apart but my pins are all low grade.

Thanks, Guys! 8)

On another note, I sold this morning a DEC Microprocessor, to Shop Airlines America, Inc. and the outfit has had "problems" in the past and I don't know if I should send the chip or just back out of deal. :roll:
I found some old reports on their dealings. This is one of many:
http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-reviews/internet-shopping/shop-airlines-america-in-santa-clara-ca-1000005375/complaints

Anu suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Phil

I have a pile of those darn things too, from Mac's. Can't help you with that one since I have no idea of their yield. I'll probably do the same thing as you with them.

Thank you for being the guinea pig.

[quoteI have a pile of those darn things too, from Mac's. Can't help you with that one since I have no idea of their yield. I'll probably do the same thing as you with them.
Thank you for being the guinea pig.][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't processed any, so I don't have a clue either! We'll see what kind of results we'll have from the auction, there's one person already interested in them.

Thanks!
Phil

Thanks, Mike!

I was also checking my Championship newspapers auction and I also got the first hit there, too! 8)

I'll be spending the rest of the day preping more sales, since everything is frozen outside! :mrgreen:

I've been cleaning out my shop lately and listed a bunch of NOS toner cartridges and some PCGS MS70 Silver Eagles, as well as other things that were just sitting around taking up space. I need the room and the extra money doesn't hurt either :shock:

Feng Shui teaches us that clutter is simply a series of postponed decisions that also clutter the mind.

Now I'm trying to trade my clutter for yours :mrgreen:

Back