Is this worth 350 Euro?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slochteren

foto11.jpg

foto2.jpg

foto3.jpg

No.

Edit: Actually I didn't realise the Euro had dropped against USD or AUD so far. But at ~1100 Euro/oz, you still need to recover 10 grams to break even. Don't forget your time and chemicals.
In my opinion, there is enough e-scrap around for free (or near free) that you don't need to shell out such big bucks for it.

It is hard to tell as you didn't post weight and what type processors are there.
But my guess would be, that is not worth 350€, maybe 250.

If there are any AMD Athlon or Sempron in batch, your average is much lower than 0.15g. It would be easier to tell if processors were flipped over.

Edit: Some of yields on link you posted are overestimated.

sokon said:
Much better data about yield is this link: http://www.goldextractionprocess.com/material/
I think the figures given there are based on one kilogram of material.

There are lots of lists on the internet concerning various CPU values and most of them give different numbers (many are copy cats). So, who do you trust? I, personally, don't know these values but, if I suddenly had a need for them, I would probably accept Sam's numbers above all others - the reason being that I trust Sam's abilities.

Attachments

• Sams CPU List.pdf
    612.1 KB · Views: 120
Sam's list show for the IBM 0.45-0.55 gr per unit. thats not bad..
I asked the seller for a picture off the other side off those on the right, will be probaly low yield processors... or he thinks only the pins count.

Your link show Pentium Pro yield 1g. That is when I stopped reading any further. Any list that list PPro at this rate is a joke.

shmandi said:
Other than Pentium Pro (and a couple more) seems more realistic.

That is exactly it. How can newbie know which are and which are not more realistic. List is flawed and good for nothing.

Linking up 'Sam's List' was right on time here, a yield returned for me had made me curious...

'Sam's List' describes 'Intel Pentium/MMX no gold plates: Au yield per unit: 0.072 Gram

I returned 0.56g on eight for an even 0.07g each, and battled storm clouds of tungsten with more filtering and rinses than I wanted to count to achieve that. My stock pot & used filter jar will make a nice chore someday soon.

Prior to this thread a common internet list I'd viewed describes "Intel Pentium & MMX (ceramic) 0.12g /each"

Just one teeny vote of confidence on Sam's Numbers from me.

Knowing Sam's proven abilities, his figures are surely the result of his own recoveries and/or assays. That's good enough for me.

This is a field where misinformation can be very costly, mainly in terms of safety and profitability. Our forum contains about 98% of all the PM scrap information on the entire internet. If you want truth, the GRF is where you start. Any wrong statements on GRF (and there are many!) are promptly corrected on the same thread by long-term (usually) members. It's always best to read the whole thread and then read other threads on the same subject. The other 2% on the internet is a pig in a poke, with very few exceptions. My rule is to examine with critical eyes any info that comes from strangers. If I find an important error(s), I usually dismiss all the info as being too questionable to rely upon.

After 8+ years on the forum, one learns who's info is trustworthy and who's is not. I've read Sam's posts, watched his excellent videos, and spent time on his website. Until proven otherwise, I totally trust Sam's list and only Sam's list.

In about 2000, I knew a guy in Houston that refined gold plated CPU's in aqua regia, on a fairly large scale in 30 gallon tanks. Good CPUs were everywhere back then. One day, he showed me about 50-100 photos, each showing a different CPU with the part#/name and values written on the back. He was getting the assays done by a lab in CA at $100 a pop. I knew the lab and had always heard good things about it. I asked if I could copy the names and values, but he said no. :cry:

Thx for the info, would have been an interesting list..
I didn't recieve a picture from the other side off those cpu's also i will let it be....

I ran a Christmas competition on here and I've posted up hard yield data. Some may credit my data, others may not but at least it's up there.

You might recover your money at 350 euros to be fair but there's not a margin in it of any note. Yield aside, it's not worth it for the time and effort taken to process it, but as a learning experience you wouldn't go far wrong because it would give you enough real gold to work with.

Edit: Here's the link. http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=21663

Sam's one of the few people on here who have posted what they have done and been honest about yields, I have a lot of time for his data, as does Chris above.

Regards

Jon

If you talk about the purchasing price as scrap , i think it is a littel bit more expensive than the cost here in Egypt

if you talk about the value of gold content

you have arround 110 Ceramic CPU with estimated gold content ( 110 * 0.15 ) = 16.5 grams = neary 500 Euros + the gold in the other balck fiber CPU + little amount in the green fiber CPUs + RAMs + VEGA cards

so Ithink you can refine gold with value of 550 : 650 Euros ( If greater numer of Ceramic CPUs have more gold cntent you would have more )

My estimation based on Gold price 30 Euros/ Gram

Ahmed Lotfy said:
If you talk about the purchasing price as scrap , i think it is a littel bit more expensive than the cost here in Egypt

if you talk about the value of gold content

you have arround 110 Ceramic CPU with estimated gold content ( 110 * 0.15 ) = 16.5 grams = neary 500 Euros + the gold in the other balck fiber CPU + little amount in the green fiber CPUs + RAMs + VEGA cards

so Ithink you can refine gold with value of 550 : 650 Euros ( If greater numer of Ceramic CPUs have more gold cntent you would have more )

My estimation based on Gold price 30 Euros/ Gram

Please read whole of this thread again. Only some can have that number you estimated and most will not get even close to that.
What made you to pick 0.15 estimate for all of them?

[/quote]

Please read whole of this thread again. Only some can have that number you estimated and most will not get even close to that.
What made you to pick 0.15 estimate for all of them?[/quote]

OK

i dont know what exactly the brands of CPUs becouse the most ie rear view , but thay have some of AMD K6 and the most is more higer value

there is many sheets and tables and youtubes for estimations of specific kinds of ceramic CPUs

according to the minimum avarage results from all those sources i can estimita avarage yield of those CPUs as 0.15 gram / CPU as minimum if not more

for Example the Intel pentium CPU some sources says it have 0.49 gram / CPU not only 0.15

but

for my personal experiance

i have read that green fiber CPUs have less than 0.05 grams per CPU , i found it is only arround 0.01 grams / cpu , i dont know if plugging and unplugging of cpus affect on yields becouse of the fraction or not ?!! , and also there is nice valu in monolitic capicitors on thos CPUs , and in the part of Copper as heat sinck
plus the silicon dye ant that may made the total value close to the 0.05 grams gold ( just the grran fibers CPUs )

if you have another information please advice

Back