Wow! Did he really just ask that?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silversaddle1

So I have a fairly nice backplane on E-Bay right now. I priced it at 100 bucks OBO, ya know, just kindda fishing. This guy just emailed me asking if I would pull all the gold pins and ship just them to save on shipping cost. Really?? Shipping is 13 dollars! I guess my time to pull all those pins to save him a few bucks has no value. Wow.

$13 dollars postage and pin-pulling ?

Pull all those pins, recover the gold, refine it to .995 and i'll give you $15 for postage !

You're up $2 already, maybe.

(i'm in Spain)

Hehe you really have "tard" in your name Scott? :D

On the original subject though the guy can ask, whether he gets is another matter all together. My reply would have been "sure I charge $100 per hour and I estimate it will take 3 hours work to depopulate the board shall I send you a paypal invoice and get right onto it for you?" :) :)

Jon

anachronism said:
Hehe you really have "tard" in your name Scott? :D

On the original subject though the guy can ask, whether he gets is another matter all together. My reply would have been "sure I charge $100 per hour and I estimate it will take 3 hours work to depopulate the board shall I send you a paypal invoice and get right onto it for you?" :) :)

Jon

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Jon - you took those words right out of my mouth as it was my very first thought as well 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kurt

Yeah, I have more. I just have to find them. I too love that kind of stuff. My shop walls are covered with it. PM me and when I find them I'll let you know.

Back