*Best offer* 1128g One /Two Piece BGAs, QFPs on Ebay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slive

Hey Guys,

any bids and comments are welcome.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/173415568999?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

20180716_173019.jpg

Shipping to EU. PayPal only.

Slive

Slive said:
Hey Guys,

any bids and comments are welcome.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/173415568999?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

20180716_173019.jpg

Shipping to EU. PayPal only.

Slive
A comment...

How did you reach the asking price of 295 euro?

A mixed lot with everything from plastic capped BGA, ceramic IC, black plastic chips to worthless flip-chip BGA:s.

There is no way to know the proportions between the different fractions or what is hiding below the surface. If I would make a bid on that lot I would really low-ball it to be sure not loosing money.

No, I'm not planning to make a bid and the offered price is way higher than the gold value even if this was all plastic capped BGA:s. I would calculate a gold content of 5 g/kg for a pure lot of plastic capped BGA:s and that would place the gold value at circa 35*1.1*5 euro =195 euro. Compared to the BGA:s the rest of the lot is almost worthless so if 50% were black plastic chips I would lower the estimate with 50% and not bother with the decimals.

So the asking price of 295 euro is 50% above the most optimistic calculations and probably more than twice the real gold value.
... and that is not taking any processing costs and work into the calculation.

If I would

Göran

Hey Göran,

Thanks for the explanation. I'm new to this and learning every day.

I was referring to Tzoax's experiments, where he gathered ~11,38g/kg on " BGA VARIOUS CHIPS" and 4,7g/kg on "SMALL BGA chips". Witch would be 90% of this lot.

Let me "calculate":

789,6g (~20%) "SMALL BGA chips" => 8,9g Gold.
225,6g (~70%) "BGA VARIOUS CHIPS" => 1,06g Gold.

So this lot would make aprox 9,96g Gold with a value of ~340€.

Of course you'd nee to add processing costs etc.

But as I said, I'm a noob and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, this is a best offer "offer", so basically everybody can offer what they think is appropriate.

Slive

Slive said:
Hey Göran,

Thanks for the explanation. I'm new to this and learning every day.

I was referring to Tzoax's experiments, where he gathered ~11,38g/kg on " BGA VARIOUS CHIPS" and 4,7g/kg on "SMALL BGA chips". Witch would be 90% of this lot.

Let me "calculate":

789,6g (~20%) "SMALL BGA chips" => 8,9g Gold.
225,6g (~70%) "BGA VARIOUS CHIPS" => 1,06g Gold.

So this lot would make aprox 9,96g Gold with a value of ~340€.

Of course you'd nee to add processing costs etc.

But as I said, I'm a noob and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, this is a best offer "offer", so basically everybody can offer what they think is appropriate.

Slive
Obviously plastic BGAs are less than small BGA.
The calculations are not correct, if there is no mistake in description:
789.6g SMALL BGA x 4.7 -> 3.71g
225.6g BGA VARIOUS CHIPS x 11.38 -> 2.56g
Total 6.27g gold. Spot is 34€/gr, but I doubt you can sell it over 95-96% of the spot, that's 32.34€.
So the gold value is 6.27 x 32.34 = 202.77€
Plus the buyer have to pay shipping.

In addition, I think Tsoax's results are 'just for info', as his procedures include many, many steps (double or triple incineration, triple boiling, sometimes second processing) and a lot, a huge lot of time.
You have to find a really big enthusiast to sell this lot :)

If you want real offers, you'd better describe in your listing exactly the weight of each type of chips, so the buyers, which don't read this forum, can make their calculations. And good luck :)

Regards, Miro.

I buy BGA chips all the time and I would avoid this lot.

The reason is that it is not sorted at all... you have RAM chips, Dips, small quads, flip chips, 2pc bga's, 1 pc bga's.... and i even see a crystal oscillator!

There is no way to accurate assess the value and that alone is going to drive down the price someone is willing to pay... that is not to say you can't find someone who wants the lot to try to learn refining, but sorting stuff is your best friend when it comes to selling your material like this. Also, this material is time consuming to process.

Just my two cents for what its worth.

Hey Guys,

this is great input, thank you. I totally agree with you, in terms of it's really hard to get an price estimation for an unsorted lot like this.

Although, I will not spent the effort to sort thing to suggested level, because i think I can spent the time in areas I'm good at. Knowing this will affect the price I'll get. :wink:

As I said, this is a best offer price, so everybody can bid appropriately. :D

Slive

$20 and you pay shipping to Arkansas. That's my best offer.

Do you seriously think that junk is worth $133/pound plus a decent profit for the buyer?

So no point for collecting junk. :mrgreen:
At least I learned something.
Thanks

Like most e scrap it’s only junk if you have small amounts, there are threads on the forum covering most types of scrap encountered and methods that work to collect the values but it all depends how you want to spend your time, many members have found a process that works for them and stick to one or two types of scrap to refine and passing on or selling material that doesn’t fit in with their processes, others simply collect scrap and sell as it is and do not refine anything, both have there merits it all depends on what your aim is.

nickvc said:
Like most e scrap it’s only junk if you have small amounts, there are threads on the forum covering most types of scrap encountered and methods that work to collect the values but it all depends how you want to spend your time, many members have found a process that works for them and stick to one or two types of scrap to refine and passing on or selling material that doesn’t fit in with their processes, others simply collect scrap and sell as it is and do not refine anything, both have there merits it all depends on what your aim is.

Hey nickvc, thanks. I'm not interested in refining stuff, although I find the process really fascinating.

Maybe I'll find someone to sort all the batches for me or just toss it back into trash :mrgreen:

Auction is canceled

Slive

Slive,

Very few common items are worth $100/pound. Some of the smaller diameter, all gold plated pins and some gold plated fingers can go that high, or higher. No longer common, ceramic side-braze, all gold plated IC packages can go a lot higher than that, especially the small ones - but many bring more money as collector items. There are a few more items, but they're not common.

I apologize for calling your stuff junk, but that's how I saw it.

You should have just started it at a dollar. Most Ebay buyers with gold fever will drive the price higher than its worth all by themselves.

jimdoc said:
You should have just started it at a dollar. Most Ebay buyers with gold fever will drive the price higher than its worth all by themselves.

This is top quality advice. Idiots pay far more than the gold value for stuff, but seem to only do it when they choose to. 8) 8)

At lest two offers. I actually made an offer, about twice as much as GSP including shipping.

Göran

Thank you all for your comments.

I followed your advices and found someone to presort the (3500g now) lot. I also started a 1€ auction on Ebay.

Any bids of comments are welcome.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/202384089451?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Thanks
Slive

Excellent! Now i know exactly what I would be willing to bid as I know exact weights by type! shame its in Europe and i'm in the states :p

you should get a fair offer/bid now. In E-scrape, its is all about the sorting.

Silve,

Maybe it is just me but it the picture those look prewashed. I am not as advanced as the others in refining skills, but the gold plating on the chip is the low hanging fruit even I can pick.

Back