Revenue for refinery?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One tonne of circuit boards, for example, has about 500 grams of gold.

500 x current price minus expenses,..

scrappile said:

:shock: 500 grams per ton :shock: thats 16ozt per ton - were are you getting CBs that yeald that much gold - you would have to have some really high grade stuff to get even half of that out of a ton - & your newer boards are only going to yeald around 5.5ozt to a little over 6 ozt per ton

Kurt

The figures quoted are about right, i get near to / just over £5000 per tonne paid for scrap mainboards, then refiner i send to then would probably make near 3 times that to make it worth doing.

kurt said:
scrappile said:

:shock: 500 grams per ton :shock: thats 16ozt per ton - were are you getting CBs that yeald that much gold - you would have to have some really high grade stuff to get even half of that out of a ton - & your newer boards are only going to yeald around 5.5ozt to a little over 6 ozt per ton

Kurt
edit for, remember this is the refiner not what gold you get out, either way E-scrap isn't enough to make an estimate off of,
it is overseas he is talking about and so guess i should have had :p on here,..

Guess I can patch it like Microsoft does,

500/31.=16.1 minus 10.23=5.8 times current price minus expenses :!: that link :arrow:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sustainable-business/electronic-waste-refining

Guess them details in Escrap can make a difference when RFQ

Joeforbes said:
Here is a settlement from sipi metals for a lot of motherboards. The total value of the lot at spot price on the day we settled was $12,456.20, and we were paid $9,789.50. At today's spot prices, the total value is $11,640.22.

That means this lot of mixed motherboards is worth $5.53 per pound at today's price. No where close to the £15,000 ($24,250.50) you're claiming Chiptech81, in fact, not even half as much value.

The info on your attachment, anyway you could edit and remove personalinfo, this is an open forum and never know, just a thought,..

i think scrapile is right keep the number (since it is the only important info anyway) but the rest could be used in a bad maner

Joeforbes said:
That means this lot of mixed motherboards is worth $5.53 per pound at today's price. No where close to the £15,000 ($24,250.50) you're claiming Chiptech81, in fact, not even half as much value.

To me, what that really means is, according to their settlement, the actual value is $5.53/pound, today. Was the processing of this lot witnessed (and sampled and assayed) by a reliable rep or, did you just ship it and hope they would treat you fairly?

goldsilverpro said:
Joeforbes said:

To me, what that really means is, according to their settlement, the actual value is $5.53/pound, today. Was the processing of this lot witnessed (and sampled and assayed) by a reliable rep or, did you just ship it and hope they would treat you fairly?

Yes, we took samples of the material during their processing. They also gave us a very nice tour of their entire facility that day.

Have you ever dealt with SiPi Metals before GSP? They were established in 1905 (they even still have some of their original furnaces, including "Bertha" which has a 250,000 pound capacity) and have built quite a reputation of integrity for themselves.

EDIT - I removed the personal information from the settlement images. Though, all of the information that was on it is publicly available.

Joeforbes said:
Here is a settlement from sipi metals for a lot of motherboards. The total value of the lot at spot price on the day we settled was $12,456.20, and we were paid $9,789.50. At today's spot prices, the total value is $11,640.22.

That does surprise me, the payment i get is for small qty's as i don't scrap out tonnes at a time, although if i did the price would increase.
I thought there would have been much more profit for the refiner from your figures.

order 1649 ba.jpg

It was talked about before about being careful of posting info,

edit to move :lol:
i think mine was 277 lbs of boards and few others, which I really just had it around from sales. so learning here I was not and still couldn't do the at home so he got a good deal and thats fine, I used to split 50/50 after i get my cost on some E-bay in the past . I don't mess with it so he had a good deal to list it and he is in Vermont.

Edit to add ,
lot of these kind

lots of chips and gold fingers.jpg

Looks like its worthless to collect MLCC capasitors from motherboards, palladium content is incredible low todays boards . Gold content is less than 0.1g / motherboard. I think most gold is from south/northbridges. Very informative post, thank you.

Strange.
I mean that when gold was 1200-1300$/oz my friend was selling his boards to middleman for 8 euro / kilogram. I believe that this company do not do charity and they want to make something too. And finally there is refinery and their profit to count in too.
If he was getting 10.000-10.500$ a tonne then lets think again what else might be in them motherboards.
I will call him to find out what price he is getting for his motherboards now.

No minimum on weight, the minimum is in the processing charge being a $500.00 min. unless it went up since I was there. It's a buck a pound now for processing I do know that.

Smack is correct John. The $1/lb fee does start to go down though as you get larger quantities. I believe they said it would be $0.80/lb at 10,000 lbs.

Back