wanted knowledgeable refiner to refine 50 lbs for %age

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremy25

i have a nice accumulation of very nice material that needs refined. all is ready to go. i have processed it to the stated of just needing to be refined further.
most material is from 1980-1990. seems to me like very good quality stuff.
list goes
about 1500 grams gold plated material. pins
9 cpu's with pins
over 20 pinless cpus
over 3.5lbs misc ic chips and flat paks
over 20 ram and 2 slot processors and misc cuts goldfingers
over 20 cell phone boards
15 eproms
other misc gold bearing stuff i.e fingers razored off, gold dust
30 pounds motherboards and lots of slot boards and hard drive boards
approximately 40-50 pounds total
everything is broken down and ready to go
i will attach pics
DSCN1110.JPG
DSCN1099.JPG
DSCN1095.JPG
DSCN1092.JPG
DSCN1085.JPG
i have a pic of all plated material but can only attach 5 right now pm me if you want to look. but there is about 350 gram full plated and the rest partial plated.about 1500grams total. plating very thick compared to new pcs.
o yeah i forgot also not pictured are the 3.5 pounds of ics and flat paks. pm if you want pic
pm me with potential enquirers

total poundage or what? not pictured are roughly 30 lbs of boards(motherboards,driveboards,diskboards etc.)
roughly 1500 grams plated
and 3.5 pounds ics and flatpaks
everything is mostly older material

i hope you are keeping the black tops off of those BGA packs
pbga_pic_03.gif

my question was ..... how much gold and other metals are you expecting to get out of everything you have ?

this i am unsure. i was really wanting to find someone in my area that would process it with me so that i can get an idea about everything. i am very curious about the process but know little about. what would you estimate by what know...

p.s. i am in the southern idaho area

necromancer said:
pbga_pic_03.gif

my question was ..... how much gold and other metals are you expecting to get out of everything you have ?
what do you mean here...??????

jeremy25 said:
necromancer said:
pbga_pic_03.gif

what do you mean here...??????

a picture is worth a thousand words. there is gold in the black tops of those BGA packs Au = gold
if you are leaving the black tops on the aluminium heat spreaders you are throwing your gold out.

what i am saying here is:
to process what you have someone would have to take everything you have, keep all the gold & send you a bill.

keep reading the forum, you will see you have a very small amount of gold & other PM's (PM = precious metals)

not worth someone doing it for you unless you can find someone to do it for free.

jeremy25 said:
then how are people paying 50.00 dollars for like 200 grams plated pins everywhere??
Because people don't know the truth, there isn't that much gold on the plated pins. We call it "ebay gold" here on the forum.

Spend a week on the forum, searching for things like "bond wire" "ball grid array" "yield" and so on and you will find the truth and a lot more interesting stuff.

Göran

g_axelsson said:
jeremy25 said:
then how are people paying 50.00 dollars for like 200 grams plated pins everywhere??
Because people don't know the truth, there isn't that much gold on the plated pins. We call it "ebay gold" here on the forum.

Spend a week on the forum, searching for things like "bond wire" "ball grid array" "yield" and so on and you will find the truth and a lot more interesting stuff.

Göran

i really would hate to see it to the ebayers as baygold or what have you . i was really wanting to learn a little more than theres a sucker born every day you catch my drift. ,

i have about 50 lbs of plated pins. are you interested in buying them for $50.00 for each 250 grams ?

if you do i will be a very happy guy !

what you need to do is:

#1 stop paying $180.00 a gram for your gold
#2 stop reading the all the trash you are reading on quality & quantity of gold in escrap from random web sites
#3 stop reading the sellers "estimate" on ebay
#4 put all your items away & start "reading this forum"

this is the best site on the internet 100% devoted to the facts on recovery & refining, if you can accept that you will be on your way to:

at the least..... keeping your money for better things
at the best...... becoming a knowlagable home refiner

enjoy.

necromancer said:
i have about 50 lbs of plated pins. are you interested in buying them for $50.00 for each 250 grams ?

if you do i will be a very happy guy !

what you need to do is:

#1 stop paying $180.00 a gram for your gold
#2 stop reading the all the trash you are reading on quality & quantity of gold in escrap from random web sites
#3 stop reading the sellers "estimate" on ebay
#4 put all your items away & start "reading this forum"

this is the best site on the internet 100% devoted to the facts on recovery & refining, if you can accept that you will be on your way to:

at the least..... keeping your money for better things
at the best...... becoming a knowlagable home refiner

enjoy.
first off i really dont need to do anything.......
i just wanted to find an honest person that might be willing to refine this for a percentage of the final pm product t
that is all.
so if you are not interested please stop telling me what i NEED to do thank you

that's acceptable.

you have your answer to your question (read above)

i am sure as the day goes on you will get more replies.

I know it's hard to hear but necromancer is being honest with you. I would estimate the total yield of everything in your pictures to be less than 1/2 gram of gold.

I would not be willing to toll refine such a small amount. Your pictures show that the gold edges are missing off the slot processor and some RAM sticks. The bulk of the gold has been removed from the gold corner flat chips (BGA Processors). There is very little gold there.

SORRY! You have much reading and collecting to do if you want to see any gold.

If one were to try to refine such a small amount it would be difficult to even SEE the resulting gold. I would use different procedures for the ceramics, the edge fingers, pins and chips. The time involved to do each of the four different processes and the cost of chemicals to do so would not be worth it for 50% of $20.00 worth of gold.

If you want to learn just for the knowledge that is great. I've only been at this for about 2 years, I get all my e-scrap for free and I've yet to turn a profit on it.

I might be close to breaking even, but just barely. And only because of what I've learned here, like a less costly method for gold plated e-scrap than what you will find everywhere else on the internet.

But I have learned a ton of stuff, which is all the pay off I need. And continue to learn lots more.

To be honest with you, what you have may look like there is plenty of gold, but when you get done with it, you won't have enough gold to pay for the chemicals. And what about labor? If it was just you doing it, you could write that off, but someone else's labor?

Yes, at the end you will have a nice shiny little button of gold, but no profit to be made. You will be hard pressed to find someone to "split" a percentage of a loss with you. Maybe there is some kind soul out there that will take you under their wing and teach you for a split, who knows stranger things have happened.

If you want to learn, read what you find here, forget about other places. Start with the easy stuff, all that plated fingers and cell boards. Sell the rest, like the boards and chips. Stick with one process and source material until you feel comfortable and can repeat your yields over several batches before tackling a different material like chips. My suggestion is the so called AP, HCL/CL process for the fingers and cell boards. (Look it up on the forum, it's easy, cheap and if done right almost fool proof.)

necromancer is right, there is not much in the way of gold there. the motherboards and phone boards are best off being sold to a place like boardsort.com as there are a multitude of metals in them. The health and environemntal considerations make it not worth refining (on a small scale, you will literally spend more in material costs than you will get in return)

The BGA chip bottoms contain almost no gold dispite what you see... I have personally recovered 0.5 grams from about 1500+g of them... the bulk of the gold is in the black top.

The IC chips are something that COULD be refined for relativily cheap...but is a pretty involved process. The numbers on those run roughly 0.5g to 1.5g of gold per Kg depending on the type... you should be able to search the fourm to see if you can find some more specific numbers for different types of chips.

Gold fingers are THE easiest and best place to start if you want to start learning about refining. But keep in mind that the yield from fingers are about 1.5g to 2.0g per pound.

The other CPU's you have are not very easy to refine. most people well sell those off too.

If you are looking for money, you will come out ahead by just selling stuff on ebay (assuming the shipping is not too much). If you want to learn to refine, find out what stuff is viable/profitable/worthwile to refine... start with the gold fingers and learn about the acid peroxide method.

M

some people can not accept the truth, very sorry !
9 years has taught me nothing at all,

hope you didn't loose to much money already.
if you would have done some research you would have known the truth in advance.

next thing is "maybe he should read the forum rules" :shock:

jeremy25 said:
g_axelsson said:
jeremy25 said:

Göran
i really would hate to see it to the ebayers as baygold or what have you . i was really wanting to learn a little more than theres a sucker born every day you catch my drift. ,
You asked why people pays too much for gold pins and that is the reason. I didn't suggest that you would sell it. If you want to learn more than there's a sucker born every day you just have to browse the forum, download Hoke's book and read, read, read! :mrgreen:

Göran

ok thanks for the imput guys everything is greatly apprieciated even what i dont want to hear. i think i might go the ebay route. lol anyone got advice ther?????

Back