Mbmmllc equipment

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcnew32(Ag)

I have been reaserching, mount bakers PCB processing equipment and I think I would like to make the investment into buying their turn key system. I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with their equipment? If so can you provide me with any helpful information. I have a warehouse facility to house the equipment and will need a water filtration system as well as a dust collection system to go along with their equipment. I am just kind of fishing for any information at al.

I have one of the very first Circuit board Beta systems built by Mount baker mining.
I can say they take pride in the quality of there equipment and they are excellent fabricators.
Tough as a Abrams tank!!!
There systems are wet systems so there is little to no dust unless you run it dry. As for water filtration, Indeed it helps but the amount of sludge produced is hard to filter. They use settling ponds for the waste stream, I use settling tanks in a closed loop system.
There systems are still in the R&D phase so you will have to experiment to get the best results for your situation. They are cost effective compared to other systems out there. Although there system is turnkey you have to provide and set up the water supply, settling ponds,tanks,basin and power.

I would recommend this system to anyone with the time and resources to build to suit there system around Mt Bakers equipment & designs.

Regards
RRR

Thank you for the reply, and appreciate the information. As I said I have been following the progress of their equipment for a little while now and you can deffinately tell they take pride in their designs. The only problem I have currently is getting enough of a flow of material to make it worth my time to purchase this equipment. Once I achieve this I shal hit the ground running.

Have you looked into regulations regarding your proposed operation? Or are you going to try to keep it on the down low? If it's the later, it will be hard if you intend on having it out doors, it will be quite noisy. Any grinding of PCB's is regulated nation wide, if you get caught there will be fines. As always, educate yourself.

That all truly sounds like presumption and I am quite confused?
You should read my other posts, I am Incorporated.
I have educated myself! I have an Indoor facility, I have local and state approval with initiatives and incentives, Not FINES!!! Grants, loans and assistance are offered here in Florida for recycling once your an established company.
Please Allow me to Educate and elaborate on the subject but this will need its own thread which I will start soon for all the forum members to settle the confusion.
The Government has made it very favorable to recycle electronics actually!!!
According to:
The Florida Department of Environmental Protection
Florida Electronic Hazardous Waste Regulations or FLEHaz.
FLEHaz is the Federal Hazardous Waste Regulations - 40 CFR 124 and 40 CFR 260-279, as adopted by the State of Florida in Rule 62-730, F.A.C., effective 04-05-16, Rule 62-710, F.A.C., effective 04-23-13, Rule 62-731, F.A.C., effective 02-16-12, Rule 62-737, F.A.C., effective 02-16-12 and Rule 62-740, F.A.C., effective 02-16-12. All rule changes as reflected in 62-730, F.A.C. are incorporated into this document.
It is designed to show what rules are in effect for Hazardous Wastes in the State of Florida.
This rule format is currently in "895" Word documents that are interactive.
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/waste/categories/hwRegulation/pages/FLEHazInstructions.htm
ftp://ftp.dep.state.fl.us/pub/reports/WasteEXEs/FLEHaz/FLEHazZip.zip

I have read them all. I will point out there are Exclusions, exceptions and exemptions to these laws
For instance, FLEHaz- Sec. 261.4 Exclusions (13)-(14)(i)(ii) E
(13) Excluded scrap metal (processed scrap metal, unprocessed home scrap metal, and unprocessed prompt scrap metal) being recycled.
(14) Shredded circuit boards being recycled provided that they are:
(i) Stored in containers sufficient to prevent a release to the environment prior to recovery; and
(ii) Free of mercury switches, mercury relays and nickel-cadmium batteries and lithium batteries.

My post was to the OP. Been down that road about 7 years ago RRR. All those Regs. make for interesting reads don't they? Laws vary by state, that's why I told him to educate himself, instead of puking on him.

Hi Mcnew32[ag]

Having done bulk testing of gold ore in Nova Scotia with similar equipment I naturally have a strong interest for e scrap recovery without chemicals.

Could you answer a few questions?

What type of e scrap do you plan to use?

How much weight will your particular table process in 24 hrs?

What percent recovery of pm do you expect?

Regards and good success.

Kazamir

Smack, i have done some digging into regulations, permits and laws for my state and local area. I will not be doing this as a business at first because of all these regulations I will be processing the material on personal private property for the time being. Until I get a handle on yeilds for various types of materials. Once I establish these yeilds then I can factor in the business model. I alone just through marketing and word of mouth can aquire quite a bit of material and average a 40% profit on everything I get not including all the materials I keep to process later for myself (i.e. Ram, CPUs, connectors, fingers, BGA chips and so forth. I have a full time job on top of this which makes it had to expand to where I want to be because of my job being too benificial to quit.

Kazamir, I will be processing standard electronic scrap such as circuit boards, wiring, and computer components. The equipment that I am researching can run 250lbs of circuit boards and hour. As far as the yield still working that.

Since it's been over a year from this last post, I was wondering how well thing are running for you. Could you give a short update as to where you are in terms of amount your running and percent of recovery? I am looking to do the same thing here in Iowa but still need to get up to speed on what I'm allowed to process and if there may be limits to amounts. What state department should I be talking with? If any. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Scrappy Z said:
Since it's been over a year from this last post, I was wondering how well thing are running for you. Could you give a short update as to where you are in terms of amount your running and percent of recovery? I am looking to do the same thing here in Iowa but still need to get up to speed on what I'm allowed to process and if there may be limits to amounts. What state department should I be talking with? If any. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mcnew32(Ag) said:
Smack, i have done some digging into regulations, permits and laws for my state and local area. I will not be doing this as a business at first because of all these regulations I will be processing the material on personal private property for the time being. Until I get a handle on yeilds for various types of materials. Once I establish these yeilds then I can factor in the business model. I alone just through marketing and word of mouth can aquire quite a bit of material and average a 40% profit on everything I get not including all the materials I keep to process later for myself (i.e. Ram, CPUs, connectors, fingers, BGA chips and so forth. I have a full time job on top of this which makes it had to expand to where I want to be because of my job being too benificial to quit.

Kazamir, I will be processing standard electronic scrap such as circuit boards, wiring, and computer components. The equipment that I am researching can run 250lbs of circuit boards and hour. As far as the yield still working that.

Here's my take, since I'm in the same boat, but a little more motivated since I am unemployed. I've been unemployed for a year...I really have no desire to become employed again. Not for a lack of desire to work either.

Establishing yields is not the first stage...the business model has to be first. What service can you offer? What are you doing? What is your source of metal? Based upon that source of metal, what can flipping it to a packager offer you in returns? How much product do you have to flip to a packager to make a living?

Lets do the same thing, with karat scrap, since everyone likes to say how great it is to process karat scrap. Remember...I'm unemployed.

I just sold 2 ounces of karat scrap (accepted as anything with 35% or better gold content) for 98% of melt on the gold to pay my house payment for three months. It was a mix of sponge and a couple of rings which I didn't care to refine (what's the point). This was found gold...literally, I found a ring in the middle of the street that had been run over multiple times. Sponge was from a bunch of assays I've done. I had planned on using it towards equipment, but, other things have taken my time away from the business, so I had to sell gold.

Anyway, lets assume one needs to make a wage of $50,000 per annum, net taxable income. This is a liveable wage, as long as you don't have too much debt following you around, which I do. That's $4200 a month. AKA, 3 1/3 ounces of gold.

So, at a 40% profit margin, you have to process $10,500 of material per month. Looking at say, metal socket motherboards...which are the easiest thing to get. That's 5,000 lbs of them per month. Ever seen 5,000 lbs of them? Anyway...at 250 pounds an hour, you have to be grinding, shredding, hammering, and sifting 20 hours a month. Not too bad, except who's going to do it? Are you going to do all of the grinding, shredding,hammering, sifting, etc? Then, you've got a concentrate. Are you going to smelt? Sell Dore? Sell karat scrap?

Now...lets forget e-scrap. Lets concentrate on karat scrap. You need $4200 a month. Lets say you can somehow get a bunch of karat scrap at a 25% profit margin by..well, running a pawn shop. That's $16,800 in material you have to purchase. That's 1/2 an ounce of gold per day.

It's possible...but your business plan HAS to come first. You have to realize the numbers you are going to have to work with, long before you start to worry about what a chip refines out at. You need to know how much income you need...then you can look at product, and try to determine how much product based upon really rough numbers that are readily available on the forum.

All I'm saying is that what you'll figure out is that you have to move a lot of product. Develop a business plan around moving a lot of product, and whether a board refines out at $2 or $3 doesn't matter as much...you can just adjust the amount of product you can move.

Oh...and the EPA and DEQ, or whatever your state Alphabet agency is called...do your homework in the business plan stage. Nobody on this forum can tell you how to be legit with them, it's state and locality specific.

Here is a little update on the business side of the recycling that I do. Since my last post we have upgraded to a 6,000sqft warehouse and are running about 50,000 lbs of various Scrap per month including steel and ferrous metals. Not a crazy amount especially including steel but are makeing ends meet and meeting new customers. My partner has been running things more and more lately since I have been overcunbered with military duty and my full time job. We spoke with the EPA in our area and Ohio is requiring a license to recycle electronics and ferrous and non ferrous metals now. But won’t go into effect untill next year I believe. We have gotten into a bit of trouble with CRT monitors but have since start charging and just getting rid of them to another company. Everything is running smooth except my partner has become more and more busy with property clean outs so we were forced to cut back on the electronics recycling.

If you would like to discuss more in depth about how we do business your more than welcome to call me or text me. 330-413-0815.

Back