e-waste in UK

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bavo3333

So I wanted to gather you thoughts and experience on collecting e-waste in the UK.

Whilst I'm cleaning out my new shed and building my work space over the next few months before I start anything remotely close to experimenting, I've also been inspire by joem's thread about advertising.

But I wondered what people have found in the UK especially with the WEEE regulations and sourcing regular customers/collections?

I ask as I read through the regulations it seems to me it is harder due all the take back schemes. And potentially could end up caught up in the mind boggling regulations that even my years of studying for my law degree can't understand.

What are your thoughts and experiences? I am discounting collecting from households and looking towards smaller computer stores etc.

It's a tough one to get into.

Takes a lot of work and investment to do it properly and above board. There are plenty doing it under the radar though and admittedly they make a living from it. I've been an AATF for four years and I can promise you that it isn't the golden goose that many believe it to be.

I hope that puts some perspective on it and I'm happy to help in any way that I can.

Jon

Cheers for the quick reply. I decided this would be more of a hobby rather than a way to make my living mainly as I've a business that launched last year which i'm hoping will pave my way from working for someone to working for myself.

As an AATF which is definitely beyond any scope I think my shed could even contemplate, do the take back and other (sorry if this is wrong) B2C and B2B scheme's cover smaller retailer like computer repair shops or are they a viable place that I might be able to get scrap from either free (hopefully) or at a lowish price? or would they also be signed up?

There's a very simple way to get into it in a small way and make profit legally.

Drop me a PM and I'll show you how.

Jon

Hi, i know this thread has been a long time but i am wondering if you would be willing to share spaceships information as i am looking to start this as a hobby, also did you manage to stsrt it yourself?

Back