gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bedrossbs

helloo

i m new in the business and i need some help if u can help me.
what do we call the water that we paint the gold in it, we put gold in it
to give him his color.

waiting your reply.

bedrossbs said:
helloo

i m new in the business and i need some help if u can help me.
what do we call the water that we paint the gold in it, we put gold in it
to give him his color.

waiting your reply.
Your question, at least to me, is not clear. Can you be more specific?

Be advised that any attempt at text messaging will not be met with happiness on this board. If you mean "you", spell it that way. If you use the letter "U" to represent a word intended to be "you", your visits to this board will not be pleasant.

Harold

yeah okay Harold but i don't know the name of this solution that contains cyanur and work with electricity
we use it to give color to the gold 24 karat . ( for example we can put at one side a piece of gold and the other side a piece
of silver or anything and when we give electricity the color of gold will be attracted by the silver.

1.Bring 1 liter of distilled water to a full boil and add 15 g of potassium ferrocyanide.
2.Pour 15 g of sodium carbonate into the water once all of the potassium has dissolved.
3.Wait for the sodium to be completely mixed into the water and add 2.65 g of gold chloride.
4.Let the solution boil for half-hour and turn off the heat. The solution should be left to cool off for as long as it takes to make it at least room temperature.
5.Filter the solution through a fine sieve and place the solution into a container until you are ready to use it.

sorry, i dont know the name of the solution other than "gold plating solution".

i do hope you are not going to use this for nefarious purposes.

geo wrote:

1.Bring 1 liter of distilled water to a full boil and add 15 g of potassium ferrocyanide.
2.Pour 15 g of sodium carbonate into the water once all of the potassium has dissolved.
3.Wait for the sodium to be completely mixed into the water and add 2.65 g of gold chloride.
4.Let the solution boil for half-hour and turn off the heat. The solution should be left to cool off for as long as it takes to make it at least room temperature.
5.Filter the solution through a fine sieve and place the solution into a container until you are ready to use it.

sorry, i dont know the name of the solution other than "gold plating solution".

i do hope you are not going to use this for nefarious purposes.

Is it safe to make and use or is more learning necessary? I ask, because I would like to plate something, but I think I remember, that under certain conditions ferrocyanide can form cyanide, so this is nothing I would like to trial and error around with. It would be lovely, if anyone knows the formula for the described reaction above and would post it.

this is just the standard formula for the solution. ive never made any but i was studying on the subject in case i ever wanted to. we have a few members with plating experience, perhaps someone that has done it can give more information.

hey guys

in my factory there is dust and stones and metal and gold but in powder form coming from the desks where i work
to make jewels how can in take them back from dust without loosing the golds with chemicals.?
:)

waiting your reply

Hello Bedrossbs
Your question is as all new people here...
No worries
Read and learn all you can and you will find what you seek.
The answer is definately not easy and needs alot of time reading and learning the "How tos" so you can safely collect and refine everything to a finished product.
It's all here in the forum.
Start by reading the safety, welcome, forum rules...etc sections and you will find out where your answers and curiousity lies..
Welcome and hopefully the gold bug wont bite and blind you from this journey into PMs...Precious Metals

BS
No easy answer is worth asking for... Only easy questions that help direct your path to enlightenment...

Start with the book C.M. Hoke's that FrugalRefiner (above) has a link to in his signature line, Search bench sweeps in the forum using Harold as the author, do not forget to study the safety thread and dealing with waste, by studying these you will learn how to recover and refine your material, it will take some time to get to the point where you can recover and refine safely, as there is a lot of fact you need to understand, but I can guarantee the time studying is worth more than the gold you have in that material right now.

welcome to the forum, sorry there are no easy answers to some of these questions, I think you can understand that, because if I asked you to teach me to be a jeweler and an artist in one post, it would be like you asking us to teach you to learn to recover and refine gold in one post, these are both skills that take some time and skill to learn.

Back