Where to buy 90%+ Sulfuric acid, USA - Ohio

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfgang

What a great site, I wish I would have found this site a year ago. I was wondering where I can get some 90%+ sulfuric acid. I'm new to the sulfuric acid part of refining so I figured I would ask here.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Wolfgang

wolfgang said:
What a great site, I wish I would have found this site a year ago. I was wondering where I can get some 90%+ sulfuric acid. I'm new to the sulfuric acid part of refining so I figured I would ask here.

Wolfgang

Look for Rooto brand drain cleaner, and check the label, it should be around 98%

jimdoc said:
wolfgang said:

Wolfgang

Look for Rooto brand drain cleaner, and check the label, it should be around 98%

ROOTO, would this be in a speciality store or somewhere like wal-mart? Just trying to narrow the possibilites down alittle

Look around, check stores, read labels, concentrated sulfuric acid is a drain cleaner, sold in many stores that sell Hardware, the other type of drain cleaners are sodium hydroxide, store's will normally carry one or the other (sometimes both types), the concentrated H2SO4 will normally be in a plastic bottle and wrapped in a plastic bag for safety, not all stores will carry the acids, or the strong caustic, chemical companies will also many time add ingredients to the drain cleaners so check the labels and MSDS sheets to know for sure what the bottle contains.

I have found Liquid Fire in smaller hardware stores here. Check any place that sells plumbing supplies. I am still looking for the Rooto brand but haven't found it local yet.

I found the rooto at my local hardware store, 1gal for $25.90, He says he will always have it in stock. I got muratic acid there for $5.99 a gallon, and its not the green/safer stuff like at lowes'

Thanks for the help!

Wolfgang

Back