possible reaction with sulfamic

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertismo

Hello all,
I am new to the forum and instead of rambling the usual about how i am worthy of your help and so on, i will just ask the question that i need. If this is something i have somehow missed i will humbly accept and give my apologies. I have searched intensively to no avail on this subject, so here goes;
Can anyone inform me if glycolic acid will create any adverse reactions with sulfamic being used for excess nitric. Obviously this would be used in your standard AR mixture of 1:4 ratio. I have been unwittingly using urea until i read of the concerns. So, the only sulfamic i have been able to find has glycolic acid listed on the ingredients also. Thanks in advance for any remarks.

-Rob W

I am not a chemist,so I can not answer as to weather glycolic acid will effect your end result.
You can get sulfamic acid chrystals at home depo in the tile section.It is used for grout cleaning.
john

Hey thanks a lot! I read about finding sulfamic in grout cleaner at home depot before. I was closer to Menards when i was out so i stopped there and read the back of EVERY SINGLE BOTTLE of their cleaning products. This was all i could find. I never realized this was available as a dry chem. Thanks for the response.

-Rob W

Back