how to refine gold water that we separate from plate jewelle

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymond

hi , everyone , can u help me out , i want to recover gold water that i separate from plate gold jewellery . so what kind of chemical that we should use to get gold water to precipitate gold from that .

I wondered if the OP didn't speak English as his first language but he appears to be in Toronto so I'm at a loss to explain why he posted as he has and what he has.

Try to be more concise as to what exactly you are attempting to do.

raymond,
Save the solution in a safe place. for when you are ready to deal with it so you do not loose its value.

First you need to do some work studying.
Study Hokes book and the forum.
Study dealing with waste found in the safety section.

Chemical displacement reaction, metal replacement, cementing values from solution, or you may need another process depending on your material.

You say gold water, from plate gold jewelry, this could be several chemical, adding a chemical at this point you could easily kill yourself with deadly gases, you will need to learn more about recovery and refining, how to deal with toxic solutions and chemicals, and know what chemicals you are dealing with, this will take a lot of work studying, if you are unwilling to spend a lot of time to learn then find someone who you can sell this gold water to that knows how to deal with it safely.

At this point there is no easy answer to your question, you do not even know what you have, or what chemical compound this gold water is, you do not know the dangers involved. or how to deal with this toxic waste you have now to get the gold out of solution, and know how to safely deal with the toxic waste that is left after the gold is out of solution, and what to do with the gold after it is removed from solution.

raymond, Welcome to the forum, if you wish to learn to recover and refine precious metals you must understand it is not an easy task, it will take a lot of work and study, even to begin to understand the basic principles, and much more study to learn to do the work, and even more study to get good at it.
If you are willing to learn and study we can help, if you are not you will be better off selling that toxic gold water, or taking it to your local Hazardous waste material chemical waste facility to dispose of.

Back