buy or make own chemicals

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicke

Hi i have recently started to refine gold.
I have bought chemicals but it is hard to get and expensive where i live.
How do you do?
The only cheap i can get is sulfuric acid 32% bettery acid for 5€/l.
The nitric is 250+€ for a kg 60% and HCl around 20-30€/l 34%.
How do you make them (if you do) to know the consentrations so you can use them properly?
Or do you test every batch seperately?
I am going next weekend to the naighbour country to buy materials for making nitric and HCl.
Thanks!

The prices you are quoting are excessive, even for super pure laboratory grade and even for Europe.

Check out (ie compare) Sigma Aldrich (http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/) and Merck (http://www.merckmillipore.com/) for high-end international pricing.

What you should be looking for is industrial grade chemicals which are more than sufficient for your needs and much cheaper.

A week ago I was quoted rp380,000 (about USD 35) for 35kg nitric acid and rp150,000 (about USD 14) for 35kg hydrochloric acid, but then I'm in Indonesia.

Thanks.
I know how to make both nitric and HCl already.
Just the HCl i do not know the consentrations i will get.
I do love in europe on a little island.
im most curious about how you guys do and if there is a cheap way of buying so i wont spend all my time making if it in the end can be cheaper to buy?
Gratilla i will look ant these pages but the shipping + taxes will probably be a few hundreds to get it here :(
Thanks!

The two examples I gave are premium quality/price multinationals and I'm sure both have offices/dealers in your (fiscal) area. They both also have online pricing and ordering, but their prices are - expensive.

For Industrial chemicals, get yourself a printed copy of the Yellow Pages; the Industrial/Wholesale version, not the Retail/Shopping version and phone around.

Then, of course, there's Google.

BTW, I believe there are an ever-increasing list of rules and regulations (for chemicals) imposed by the helpful bureaucrats in Brussels that you'll be expected to abide by.

Good luck.

Thanks i live on Åland in Finland the chemicals is legal i have bought earlier but i cant afford to buy so much.
I will se if i can find anything from them.

Back