Nitric source new Jersey/Philadelphia area

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped by. They do not stock nitric and it must be shipped to a laboratory.. Looks like I will have to order it online from a place that will ship.
Thanks anyway

I have ordered online, most online sellers will only ship to a business address, and they will call that business to verify you work there before shipping.

And the hazmat shipping fees are more than the nitric.

It's why I've resorted to using some other process or making my own.

Hey , goldscraphobby. My names chris and i live in new jersey ive been hunting down chemical suppliers and i found one near me located in south Plainfield. They ask for a company name but do no verify and they are cool with local pick up of the products. If your interested in going in together on chemicals we can both probably save a little money by purchasing larger quantities. let me know.. the company is called J and H Berge (lab mart is their sister company ) pm me if you wanna exchange phone numbers

www.jhberge.com
This is the web site, when i called last week they told me this is there older site and that they have a new one which is labmart.com but the products mostly chemicals are not added to the site yet. The older site has a site search bar which works but the product numbers are slightly out dated. If looking for any certian chemical type in just the chemical name but not the percentage or strength because it wont show up. Simply type in "nitric acid"
http://www.jhberge.com

Hi,
Thanks. I actually found a company not too faraway. North west of Doylestown. I was able to pick-up 4-2.5L for $300
He said I could give out his info. Send me a PM and I'll pass it along.

I'm going to try and soak these in nitric. http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=20355

goldscraphobby said:
Hi,
Thanks. I actually found a company not too faraway. North west of Doylestown. I was able to pick-up 4-2.5L for $300
He said I could give out his info. Send me a PM and I'll pass it along.
Ouch!
I'm sure he's happy to have others make a purchase at that price.

I assume this is an analytical grade acid. If not, the price is outrageous. Properly connected, you should be able to purchase tech grade acid (68%) for far less----as low as $4/gallon.

Harold

goldscraphobby said:
Hi,

& I thought I was paying a high price for 6 (a case) 2.2 L 70% Lab (analytical) grade at $120 per case

other wise I pay $100 for a 13 gallon carboy of 68% tech grade - which is still a bit high

and if I go with a 55 gallon drum of 57% its under $2 per gallon - there is a $500 deposit on the drum but I get that right back as I transfer it into my SS drum & return their drum right away

So I use the 57% for base metals (copper/brass) & dirty work (like contact points etc.) & the 68% for actual refining (AR or making up my silver cell electrolyte)

Have you checked with your company to see if they have carboys of 68% &/or 57% for better pricing ? --- you don't need 70% lab grade

Kurt

Kurt

It says 66 to 70%. This is a bargain considering that the only other place was online and with shipping would have been over $100 per bottle. And that was if someone would ship to me.
I have looked on and off for several month and several places required a business address. this way I was able to pick it up and not worry about shipping.
Its for a hobby and I have been dying to strip some housings I have.
Would have been nice to get it for $20 a bottle.

Back