Where to buy Nitric Acid near Wichita, Kansas

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjmenterprise

Hello, I've been lurking for awhile but haven't really found an answer to my question. I need about 10 gallons of Nitric Acid to refine some industrial electrical contacts that I've been saving up for the past couple of months. I've contacted multiple chemical companies and the cheapest online company was $16 a gallon. There is a Univar in Wichita, but they do not carry nitric and would have to bring it in from Dallas. Their cost was about $10.90 a gallon for a drum delivered. That is a fair price IMO, but I have no use for 55 gallons. I don't really have a place to store that much and it would likely take a couple years to use it all.

I contacted Terrace Packaging and he quoted me $40 per gallon for 5 gallon quantities, but I would have to pick it up. KC is about a 4 hour drive for me so I don't mind making a trip, but that is a little too high for me. Does anyone know of a place within about a 4 hour drive of Wichita KS that will sell nitric at an affordable rate for around 10 gallons? Kansas City, Tulsa, Joplin MO, etc are all easy drives for me. If there was a company that does happen to do reasonable shipping I would consider them as well.

Also, if I have to buy 15 gallons to get a bulk rate I don't mind since I'll use it eventually, but it would have to be delivered or put in to 5 gallon containers since I will have to be loading it in a car.

If push comes to shove and I have to order 55 gallons, does anyone want to make a drive to Kansas to buy the extra 40 gallons haha?

Thanks!

Also, I should mention that I already have a metals recycling business and therefore have all the documentation to prove I am a legit company. I deal primarily in automotive scrap, but I thought some silver refining would be a fun hobby that would pay for itself, or possibly an investment opportunity.

I found a location. Interstate Chemical out of Pueblo CO sold me some 67% for $8.50 a gallon including shipping. There was a $225 deposit on the 15 gallon drum as well

That's a good price. My deposits used to be 225 as well on those 15 gallon containers but they upped it to 400 now. It's good to have an old one to transfer to so they can pick up the 400 dollar one.

Sjmenterprise said:
I found a location. Interstate Chemical out of Pueblo CO sold me some 67% for $8.50 a gallon including shipping. There was a $225 deposit on the 15 gallon drum as well

Did you ever find any local here in Wichita? I happen to know a guy...who knows a guy....

Back